Explore Miyajima in a Colorful and Luxurious Kimono
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hatsukaichi, Hiroshima
- Product code: EN-HSM-4004-40042
In this plan, you can enjoy sightseeing in Miyajima wearing a beautiful rental kimono.
Enjoy walking around Miyajima to your heart's content, including temple visits, souvenir shopping, and town walking, all while wearing an authentic kimono.
The kimono, obi belt, bag, accessories and fitting are all included in the plan. We have carefully selected kimono and obi that are refined, of high quality, and look wonderful against Miyajima's scenic backgrounds. Take your time and make memories different from your ordinary sightseeing experience.
- Enjoy a sightseeing experience in Miyajima, home to a World Heritage Site (Itsukushima Shrine).
- Everything you need is provided in the plan.
- The kimono and the obi are of high quality and are selected one-by-one.
- Professionals will kindly give you advice for the best sightseeing spots, so beginners are also welcome.
Arrival→Choose your garment→Change clothes→Go outside→End
All the clothing needed for this experience is provided for you, so you don't need to bring anything. From a variety of traditional Japanese patterns and colors, you are free to choose your favorite kimono and obi that are of high quality and selected one-by-one. You may choose a silk kimono or a brand kimono, and depending on the combinations of kimono and obi belt, the same kimono has the potential to look completely different! Of course, the professional will give you any advice you need if you have never worn a kimono before.
All of our staff are experienced in working with kimono, and these experienced professionals will dress you in your kimono. We have maintained a high reputation, as we are able to dress our customers up neatly, elegantly, and efficiently.
A proper hair-setting can be provided upon request to have your hair set to go well with the kimono.
When you are done changing into the kimono, it is time to go outside (for up to 4 hours). The facility is in walking distance from many popular sightseeing spots. Please enjoy the journey exploring Miyajima, and please experience the beauty of Japanese culture through traditional Japanese fashion: the kimono.
【Things to note】
Meeting point： Miyajima Momijino‐ga [MAP]
Along Omotesando Street, 2F, 593, Miyajima-cho, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima-ken, 739-0559
A 6-minute walk from the Miyajima Sanbashi Pier
Go along Omotesando shopping street
Find Masakiya (chopstick store) diagonally opposite to Miyajima Post Office
The shop is on the 2nd floor of Masakiya
Language support：English instructions 、Staff with limited English
- Included ： Kimono rental、Dressing up
- Participation requirements ：
This plan is aimed at men and women aged 12 or over, except expecting mothers.
- Other things to note：
- Please refrain from smoking during the activity.
- It is possible to take a walk even on a rainy day, but the tour may be cancelled in case of heavy rain or stormy weather. In that case, we cannot compensate your travel expenses etc. to Momijinoga.
- This plan is offered to women throughout the year. From June to September, a summer kimono prepared with a cool cloth called "ro" or "sha" will be provided. As there is no summer kimono for men, please request a Yukata (informal cotton kimono) plan from June to September.
- We stock many different sizes of kimono but we may not be able to accommodate all dress sizes. If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact Attractive JAPAN for more details.
- Guide and photographer will not be provided.
One of the charms of the kimono is that the appearance can change with the combination of kimonos, obis, and accessories, and that is why you can enjoy a wide range of fashionable combinations. The obi is as long as 4 meters and it not only fixes the kimono together, but you can can also express yourself by making knots in the shapes of flowers and ribbons. Kimono is perceived as very expensive, and one that is properly taken care of may be worn for many years. It is said that among Japanese people, the spirit of treating things with care and respect, such as a kimono, has been handed down from parent to child for ages.
【Nearby area introduction】
Itsukushima Shrine is known as a World Heritage Site, and the island itself has been the subject of national worship since ancient times. The Itsukushima Shrine, famous for its red shrine gate floating in the sea, prospered with reverence from authorities of the 12th century. Itsukushima has the literal meaning of "an island with a shrine" and is also known as Miyajima. During the Edo period (17th century - 19th century), information about Itsukushima spread to citizens across the country, becoming one of the typical travel destinations of Japan. Currently, it has many worshipers coming from both Japan and abroad.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, On the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.