Traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony & Kimono Experience
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hiroshima, Hiroshima
- Product code: EN-HSM-4011-40111
Enjoy a tea ceremony and kimono experience. Afterwards, walk around Hiroshima Castle and Shukkei-en Garden, one of the 100 most historic gardens in Japan while wearing a kimono. You can enjoy the Japanese garden and castle, which were created in the samurai period and still remain today despite the damage from the atomic bombing.
- After changing into a kimono, we will learn Japanese-style artistic manners through tea ceremony.
- This is a special experience of wearing a kimono with a seasonal pattern made from a comfortable silk material.
- Shukkeien, a Japanese garden in downtown Hiroshima, has the image of the Seto Inland Sea and you can travel back in time to the samurai era.
- After learning about the heart of the Japanese, you will look more beautiful wearing a kimono in the Japanese garden.
Arrival at the store→Change into Kimono→Tea experience→Stroll around the Shukkeien Garden at Hiroshima Castle→Return to the store and change clothes→Program ends
After arriving at the store, change into your favorite kimono after choosing from more than 100 types. The staff will help you get dressed.
During this program you will enjoy a cup of matcha (powdered green tea) after making it yourself. You will also experience Japanese etiquette and manners in a tatami room.
After the tea ceremony experience, you may visit Shukkeien in kimono. An English-speaking guide will take you around Shukkei-en Garden (Option). Shukkei-en was created about 400 years ago during the samurai period. Visitors can thoroughly experience various landscapes such as tea houses, ponds, rice paddies, mountains, bamboo forests, tea plantations, and arbors. This is also a garden that was heavily damaged by the atomic bombing that has since been restored to its original state. Enjoy discovering bits of Japanese history in a traditional garden while wearing a stunning kimono.
Enjoy a laid-back tea ceremony experience. After watching the tea ceremony demonstration of the teacher, try to make tea by yourself.
※You can take a walk in Shukkeien garden before experiencing Japanese culture. You can walk around at your leisure.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time： 3 Hours (approx.)
- Meeting Point：Hiroshima Kimono Asobi [MAP]
6-11 Noboricho, Naka Ward, Hiroshima, 730-0016
【On foot】About 15 minutes from Hiroshima Station, or 20 minutes from the Atomic Bomb Dome.
【Tram】The nearest stop is Ebisu-cho
①From "Ebisu-cho" stop of Hiroshima Railways, walk to the north and turn right at the first intersection.
②Located on the north side of the road, there is a while colored building on the left side of the parking lot. The office of "Wa no Manabiya" is loated on the 4th floor.
Approx. 4 mins from Hiroshima station and approx. 10 mins from the Atomic Bomb Dome.
- Language support：English, Japanese
- Included：Kimono rental, Kimono dressing, Japanese cultural experience
※In the summer period you will wear a yukata
- Excluded：The admission fee of Shukkeien Garden is not included in this cost. ( 260 yen / per adult, 100 yen / per child ）
- Clothes：We have a wide selection of kimono for you, so you can join the event in your own clothes.
- Toilet ： 〇（Western-style）
- Other things to note：
・Due to constraints of the instructor and/or the facility where the event is held, there are times when your request is not met.
・A visit service is available. (If requested from a group with three or more persons, the experience can be held at their guest house or a facility they like.)
・Japanese persons are welcome to join the tour.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
・Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, On the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.