Enjoy High-Class Japanese Culture and Cuisine at a Magnificent Japanese Garden
- Duration: 1 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima
- Product code: EN-HSM-4024-40240
Admire one of the most recognizable Japanese-style gardens in the country, favored by the wives of Ministers of Foreign Affairs, and enjoy the cultured specialties together with the dynamic cultural public performance unique to this plan. Here you can observe the monumental Japanese garden with your own eyes, and savor the wide range of culinary delicacies from around Hiroshima City. While appreciating the flavors, a traditional performance art such as the ‘ancient Shinto music and dance’ and the ‘shakuhachi’ (a traditional Japanese bamboo flute) performance will unfold before your eyes. Experience the best of Japanese performance art. Meanwhile visitors can request to tour the stunning tea-ceremony room, affording the most excellent view of the Japanese-style garden, while indulging matcha green tea, as well as the hot spring.
- Admire the Japanese-style garden that sustains a history of more than 80 years, while savoring a wide range of culinary delicacies.
- Immerse yourself in authentic Japanese culture and entertainment, such as the ‘ancient Shinto music and dance’ and a ‘shakuhachi’ performance.
- Appreciate the stunning Japanese-style garden lined with beautiful reservoirs, waterfalls, boulders, trees, and a vast array of seasonal flowers.
- Our garden has been visited by the wives of Ministers of Foreign Affairs from England, France, Italy, and Canada .
- Meals include fresh fish and seasonal vegetables hand-picked by head chefs from the Seto Inland Sea.
Visit→Meal→Japanese cultural experience→End
Immerse yourself in traditional Japanese culture, while observing an elegant Japanese-style garden. This plan will take you across the high-class, serene Japanese-style restaurant, where you can appreciate the excellent views of the garden while lightly indulging one of the best-known culinary specialties prepared from locally-sourced seasonal ingredients. A wide range of characteristic dishes are prepared here by experienced chefs who select the best fish freshly caught on the day. Visitors can enjoy the finest Japanese cuisine composed of seasonal vegetables and freshly-caught fish from the Hiroshima sea.
While appreciating the flavors, visitors can request to indulge in Japanese culture and entertainment such as the ‘ancient Shinto music and dance’ and a ‘shakuhachi’ performance. Option 1: delight in the ‘ancient Shinto music and dance’. Established 1,200 years ago, this performance art is an ancient hymn offered to the gods in Japan. Hiroshima prides itself on hosting one of the most recognizable ‘ancient Shinto music and dance’ performances in the country. The greatest appeal is the sensational dance and magnificent garment characterized by the musician’s taiko drum and flute performance. Option 2: experience a fascinating ‘shakuhachi’ performance. Established during the 15th century, this performance art is a traditional flute instrument, highly valued around the world for its enchanting, deep tone. Here you can immerse yourself in authentic Japanese culture and savor the cultured delicacies unique to Hiroshima City.
Sustaining a history of more than 80 years, our Japanese-style garden prides itself on covering 50,000 m2 adorned with beautiful reservoirs, waterfalls, boulders, trees, and a vast array of seasonal flowers for visitors to observe. The garden, having hosted a Foreign Minister meeting in 2016, is favored for its elegant scenery by the wives of the Minsters of Foreign Affairs from England, France, Italy, and Canada. Immerse yourself in Japanese culture and savor the wide range of culinary specialties of Hiroshima City while admiring the sophisticated gardens.
【Things to note】
- Time：1 hour/person
- Meeting point：Hanbe [MAP]
8-12, Hon-uracho, Minami-ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima-ken
From the south exit of JR Hiroshima Station
Take No. 4 Hiroden Bus for Niho Shako/Koyo-shinmachi at No. 15 bus stop.
Get off at Niho-hime Jinja Iriguchi and walk for 5 minutes.
10 minutes from Hiroshima Station
40 minutes from Hiroshima Airport
- Minimum number of participants：2 people
- Language support： English (menu)
- Included：Setouchi Course Meal + walking in the garden
- Not included：Japanese cultural experience (Kagura, Japanese musical instrument, matcha)
- Toilet：〇 (western style)
- Reservation should be made at least one day in advance. You cannot make any reservation on the day.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.