Hiroshima’s #1 Food--Okonomiyaki Cooking Experience
- 天數: 90 分鐘 (左右)
- 位置: Hiroshima, Hiroshima
- 产品编号: EN-HSM-4012-40121
Indulge in Hiroshima’s food culture and cook your own okonomiyaki. In this program, you will be introduced to the authentic Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki, the culinary specialty of Hiroshima and the ultimate staple of Japanese cuisine. The staff from the Otafuku Sauce Co. will teach you some tips on cooking okonomiyaki. You will learn the deep connection between Hiroshima's recovery post-war and okonomiyaki.
- On this program, you will gain a deeper insight into Hiroshima’s cultural heritage and master the technique of cooking Japanese cuisine on a "teppan" (griddle).
- Experience unique Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki (Hiroshima has the largest number of okonomiyaki stores per capita in Japan.)
- This plan was developed by the worldwide manufacturer of savory Japanese condiments, Otafuku Sauce Co. Enjoy tasting a variety of sauces.
- Traditional dishes sit alongside well-executed set menus, with favorites including seasonal desserts, culinary oysters, and three drinks of your choice (including the craft beer, for this plan only!).
- Complimentary gifts include stylized bandanas and aprons made in the image of Japanese samurai.
- Direct connection to Shinkansen lines / 2 minute walk from Hiroshima station.
【SCHEDULE】Choose from two start times, 12:00 or 18:30.
[12:00/18:30] Starting experience in Okosta
[13:30/20:00] Free time (You can enjoy shopping and a sauce bar!)
Experience the essence of Japan with a gourmet food tour and make your own okonomiyaki. Okonomiyaki is described as Japanese ‘soul food’ and the culinary specialty of Hiroshima. Hiroshima is home to 1,600 okonomiyaki shops and is known as the prime okonomiyaki city in Japan. In this program, you will learn the basics of cooking okonomiyaki unique to Hiroshima, which includes putting ingredients such as cabbage, tempura crisps, green onions, bean sprouts, porks, noodles, and an egg in layers on the "teppan", or griddle, without mixing, and topping with sauces and condiments. The sweetness of the cabbage perfectly matches the taste and the noodles make you full after just one piece of okonomiyaki.
After cooking okonomiyaki, enjoy it with the sauce made by Otafuku Sauce Co., a worldwide manufacturer of savory Japanese condiments. You can choose from 8 types of sauces.
Veggie-filled okonomiyaki is a great option for health conscious people! In addition, it is suitable for Muslim and Vegetarian visitors.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：90 minutes
- Meeting point：OKOSTA
1-2, Matsubaracho, Minami-ku, Hiroshima-City, Hiroshima, 732-0822, Japan
Directly connected to Hiroshima station of Shinkansen · 2 minutes on foot
・About 10 minutes walk from Shakkeien
・About 15 minutes walk from Hiroshima Castle
- Language support： Japanese, English
- Included： Okonomiyaki making the experience, seasonal desserts, culinary oysters, two drinks you like(including the craft beer only for this plan!), Stylized bandanas and aprons that image the Japanese samurai
- Participation requirements： 6 years of age and over
Under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult (1 adult per 1 child)
- Free Wi-Fi：〇
- Toilet：〇(Western-style) 2 minutes from the OKOSTA, in the "ekie" shopping center
- Other things to note：
Due to events etc., the date and time of holding may differ or may not be implemented.
The schedules might be canceled because of the weather, disasters and any other reasons.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout experience
・Gear/equipment sanitized between use
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
~The historical background of Hiroshima and Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki ~
・Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki was created after the atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima. It was cooked with a little bit of flour which was provided with foreign aid and cabbage and bean sprouts which were very cheap. Okonomiyaki was created while people were recovering post-war.
・Since Hiroshima was known for its steel industry, general people were able to easily get griddles. This made it easy for okonomiyaki to gain popularity.
・Some women opened okonomiyaki stores after they lost their husbands and they assisted the Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki boom.
【NEARBY AREA INTRODUCTION】
Blessed with beautiful scenery and the grandeur of its natural landscapes, take a guided tour around Hiroshima City, home to the A-Bomb Dome and Itsukushima Shrine; the two world heritage sites, and overlook the gentle waves approaching the neighboring islands in the distance.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 30% of the tour price
3 to 1 day before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day of the tour date 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.