Samurai & Ninja Museum Guided Tour
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
- Product code: EN-KYT-2022-20220
Learn the deep history of samurai and ninja from a knowledgeable guide in English or Chinese, in the Japanese ancient capital, Kyoto. After appreciating the historical samurai armors and swords, you will put on an armor costume, learn how to use a sword and take photos while striking a pose. In the ninja experience, you will get acquainted with the roles of ninja in Japanese history, and try 'shuriken' ninja stars and blowgun while wearing a ninja costume.
- Visit the samurai and ninja-themed museum with an English or Chinese speaking guide.
- Learn the history of samurai and ninja and immerse yourself in their world.
- Wear an armor costume and take photos while holding a sword.
- Try ninja stars and blowgun while dressed in a ninja costume.
- This is a fun activity for the whole family, friends and couples.
Guided tour at the museum→Learn how to use a sword wearing an armor costume→Try Ninja stars & blowgun in Ninja costume→Photo session
Samurai have a deep historical connection to Kyoto. Samurai and ninja lived in Kyoto from the end of 8th century to late 19th century. In this plan, a tour guide, with ample knowledge, will lead you through the rooms of our museum, in English or Chinese, and take you to the world of samurai and ninja.
In the Samurai Museum, you will examine various historical samurai swords up close and learn how to appreciate the value of the swords, the process of making a sword, and the difference between the Japanese swords and western swords. Then, you will put on a samurai armor costume and try drawing, holding, striking, and sheathing a sword using a replica sword. By touching the sword of the ancient samurai, you will understand the mindset of the Japanese.
In the Ninja Museum, you will get a briefing about the actual roles ninja played in history. Dressed in ninja costume, you will try throwing star-shaped ninja stars and shooting darts with a blowgun. Anyone from children to adults can learn about these historical heroes. Photos taken during the experience will be a great memory of your trip to Kyoto.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：60 minutes
- Meeting point：KYOTO SAMURAI & NINJA MUSEUM
2F, Utanokoji Bldg., 292, Higashi-daimonji-cho, Nakagyo-ku, Kyoto-shi
・A 2-minute walk from Kawaramachi Station on Hankyu Line
・A 4-minute walk from Karasuma Station on Karasuma Line of Kyoto Municipal Subway
・A 7-minute walk from Gion-Shijo Station on Keihan Main Line
- Language support：Japanese, English, Chinese
- Included ：Experience fee, professional guide
- Excluded：Transportation to/from KYOTO SAMURAI & NINJA MUSEUM
- Toilet：〇 (Japanese/Western
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the
The day before the tour date, on the day of
the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made,
a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling