Trawl with fishermen and BBQ in the beautiful scenery of Setouchi!
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Himeji-shi, Hyogo
- Product code: EN-HYG-7083-70830
Ieshima island has a long history over 2600 years, and it is said that there was a warriors' fort 600 years ago. People who live in the island will introduce the fishermen work to you. A concierge will show you the unique spots on the island while taking you to the BBQ place on the top of the mountain. After the fishing and the guided tour, please enjoy BBQ with fresh fish seeing the stunning scenery of Setouchi that islands and ships float around.
- Fisherman experience in Setouchi where gets more attention from all over the world
- A local guide will show you the good spots for taking photos and tell you a lot about life on the island
- BBQ on the mountain where you can have the grand view of Setouchi with a number of islands float around
- You can experience the extraordinary feelings on the ship along the way to the island
- All the fish are fresh and tasty!
（8:18AM departure at Himeji port）
8:45AM arriving at Maura port
Experience of fixed netting
11:30AM introducing you about the island from Ieshima's concierge
14:00PM arriving at Maura port
The tour ends
Only one hour from Himeji Station, there are 44 islands called 'Ieshima Islands'. You will visit the largest island taking a ferry for 30 minutes from the port of Himeji in this plan.
The name of "Ieshima" is named by Emperor Jimmu who is the first Japanese emperor. When he visited there, he said that "there is the surface of a calm body of water. I feel as if I have stayed the inside of the house."
There still remains a Japanese calm atmosphere in the good old days. It is about to want to go back to home just like a name.
The main industries of Ieshima Islands are fishing, quarrying, and shipping. Let’s get on a boat with real fishermen and capture fresh fish in No.1 fishing village in the area!
What you will experience in this plan is trawl fishing. Trawl fishing is a fishing method in which people sink a dragnet in the ocean and pull it while navigating a ship in order to catch fish. Wait until you see what is inside the dragnet!
After the fishing, the concierge will introduce the beautiful and unique spots on the way to BBQ place on the top of a mountain. He will show you the scenic views that only local people know! When you arrive at the BBQ place, please enjoy BBQ of fresh fish from the sea while seeing the beautiful scenery of Setouchi that warriors are healed by once dotted with many islands and ships.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：6 hours
- Meeting point：Port of Maura
Maura, Ieshimacho, Himeji-shi, Hyogo-ken 672-0101
- Access： Himeji Station →Bus (30 mins. ￥270/Adult) → Himeji Port
→ High-speed vessel (30 mins. ￥1,000/adult) →Port of Maura
- Language support：Japanese, Simple English
- Included：Tools necessary for fishing, tools, and ingredients for BBQ
- Toilet： Western-style, Japanese-style
- Other things to note：
This plan may be canceled due to bad weather.
In case the time of the trawl experience is extended, we will hold the tour after BBQ.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.