Tokyo Asakusa Half Day Walking Tour with Local Guide
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Taito-ku, Tokyo
- Product code: EN-TKO-1053-10531
A local guide will tell you everything, in detail, that you never learn from ordinary sightseeing. You will start with the history of Tokyo's Sensoji Temple; you will learn how to pray at the temple. On the tour, you will walk from Asakusa to Kappabashi, the kitchenware town. For lunch, try a Tokyoite's favorite food, monja-yaki. The course of the tour can be adjusted according to your requests.
- Discover Asakusa with a guide who knows the history and culture of the Tokyo's top tourist spots.
- Enjoy a guided tour that makes basic sightseeing more informative and enjoyable.
- Suitable for small groups, including families with children.
- Flexible itinerary based on customer requests.
- Optional souvenir shopping or hands-on experience can be arranged.
【SCHEDULE】Meet up → Guided tour → Lunch → End
- Kaminarimon Gate: The tour starts from the Thunder Gate, the symbol of Sensoji Temple.
- Nakamise Shopping Street: Visit specialty shops popular among tourists while sampling snacks such as "age-manju" (deep-fried sweet bun), "kibidango" (millet dumplings), "ningyo-yaki" (doll-shaped waffles), matcha tea, and "kaminari okoshi" (sweet rice cracker). Explore craft shops such as Bunsen-do for folding fans and Bunkoya-Ozeki for leather items.
- Sensoji Temple: Learn how to pray before visiting the temple. Draw a fortune and pray at Sensoji Temple.
- Explore "Shitamachi": The oldest Kamiya Bar → Hoppy Street → Asakusa Engei Hall Theater → Marugoto Nippon shopping mall→ Hanayashiki, the oldest amusement park in Japan. Take a walk and embrace the lively atmosphere of good old "Shitamachi" downtown.
- Kappabashi kitchenware town: You can find everything necessary for cooking, as well as fascinating food samples.
- Lunch: Eat "monjayaki", a Tokyoite's favorite, at the long-established restaurant "Mountain".
*"Monjayaki" is a savory pancake with various fillings, thinner than okonomiyaki.
*The itinerary above is just an example. You can freely request spots you would like to visit. The guide will set up the itinerary accordingly. Enjoy an original tour to satisfy your curiosity and requests with an expert of Asakusa.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：150 minutes
- Meeting point：Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center [MAP]
2-18-9, Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
・Tobu Isesaki Line (Tobu Skytree Line) A 5-minute walk from Asakusa Station
・Tokyo Metro Ginza Line A 1-minute walk from Exit 2 of Asakusa Station
・Toei Asakusa Line A 2-minute walk from Exit 4 of Asakusa Station
・Tsukuba Express Line A 10-minute walk from Exit 1 of Asakusa Station
- Minimum number of participants：2 persons
- Language support：
・English - available
・Chinese, Korean - It depends on the availability of the guide
- Included：Guide fee, Monjayaki
- Excluded：Street snacks and drink, transportation
- Participation requirements：
・Minimum/Maximum : 2 - 5 people
・Adult: 13 and over
・Child: 4 to 12
・Free : 3 or younger
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet： 〇(Western-style, Japanese-style)
【CANCELLATION POLICY】7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.