Yagoshi Kabuki Make-up Experience & Interaction with Actors, with Guide, Saimura, Aomori
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Shimokita-Gun, Aomori
- Product code: EN-AOM-7041-70412
The culture of Fishermen's Kabuki was brought to Yagoshi area in Sai-mura more than 100 years ago. At that time, Kabuki was frequently played in the area but later disappeared for a while. The villagers thought the precious local culture should not be lost and the volunteers in the village restored the Yagoshi Kabuki. Now Kabuki is performed every March as a celebration of the village. For the visitors to enjoy the atmosphere of the Fishermen's Kabuki, a special program is prepared for you to try. Check it out!!
- Watch the video of Kabuki with the explanation by the actors who really performed the play
- Take pictures with Kabuki make-up and costume
- Get some instruction on how to act from the actors who often play the Fishermen's Kabuki
- Taste the snack made with fresh local fish, etc.
- Interact with locals (Kabuki actors)
Orientation / watch Kabuki video: 40 min. → Make-up experience: 50 min. →Acting / photo session: 30 min. → Exchange party: 30 min.
You will get an explanation on the program called 'Yoshitsune Senbon Zakura' while watching the video image. You can put on the costume and make-up of one of the three characters in the play named Minamoto no Yoshitsune, Musashibo Benkei, and Taira no Shirou Tadanobu. A photo session is followed by an exchange party with the members of Yagoshi Performing Art Preservation Society. Experience the traditional culture of the area and interact with locals. Please enjoy the precious opportunity only available here in Sai-mura!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：150 minutes
- Meeting point：Tsugaru Kaikyo Bunkakan "Arusasu" or Minshuku (guesthouse) in Sai-mura
112-1, Osai, Sai, Sai-mura, Shimokita-Gun, Aomori 039-4711
・From Aomori Port Take a regular liner
Aomori Port - Sai Port
- 1 round-trip/day during winter (From October 1 - April 30)
- 2 round-trips/day during summer (From May 1 - September 30)
1 minute walk from Sai Port
・From JR Shimokita Station
Rent a car and drive for about 1.5 hours
It takes 2 hours by bus and 1 minute on foot from Sai bus stop
- Language support：English
- Included ：Rental fee for a set of Kabuki costume, souvenir, sake, soft drink, snacks
- Items to bring：Please wear a T-shirt with wider neckline or V-neck, short sleeve or three-quarter sleeve, as you will put on make-up.
- Participation requirements ：13 years old and over
- Free Wi-Fi ：✖
- Toilet：〇 (Japanese/Western style)
- Other things to note：
Both men and women can join the program but the dressing and make-up are done by male dressers. Please understand.
It costs 2,500 yen for those only watching video and joining the exchange party, without make-up and costume.
A group of 4 and over people needs to contact us before booking.
*Maximum 3 people can be put makeup. If your group has four or more people, please pay 8,400 each for the fourth and subsequent person at the time of booking. The balance will be returned to you on the day of the tour.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.