Scenic Open-air Bath and Sea Bream 'Ikizukuri' Lunch Plan
- Duration: 240 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Minamai Awaji-shi, Hyogo
- Product code: EN-HYG-7091-70910
You can enjoy the onsen hot spring and fresh sea bream dish at Uzushio Onsen Umemaru Hotel in Awaji Island. The hotel commands a whole view of the Naruto Strait where you can appreciate the spectacular scenery. Uzushio Onsen is popular as a 'Bijin-no-yu' (hot spring of beauty) and is expected to have the effect of beautifying your skin. And the plan includes a lunch featuring the local specialty of sea bream 'Ikizukuri' (sashimi made from live bream) and traditional dishes from Awaji Island. Lunch is eaten in a special private room in a relaxed atmosphere. As an option, you can try the ceramic art.
- Uzushio Onsen, called one of the best 'bijin-no-yu' in Japan, is full of sodium bicarbonate and good for beauty and health.
- The open-air bath commands a whole view of the Naruto Strait and Oonarutokyo Bridge.
- Sea bream 'ikizukuri' course, the signature dish of Umemaru
- Seasonal dishes using seafood from the Seto Inland Sea and fresh ingredients from Awaji Island
- Relaxing time in a special private room
【SCHEDULE】Meal→hot-spring bathing→ceramic art (optional) or
Hot-spring bathing→meal→ceramic art (optional)
1. Hot springs Uzushio Onsen, affluent in sodium bicarbonate, is one of the most popular hot springs as 'Bijin-no-yu' (hot spring of beauty) The hot spring water softens the surface of your skin, removes the old keratin or stain, and makes your skin silky and smooth. The water itself has a smooth feeling and removes stain like a soap. The open-air bath offers a panoramic view of the Naruto Strait and the Oonarutokyo Bridge. Heal fatigue from the trip and refresh yourself in the big bath while enjoying the great view.
2. Meal (Sea bream 'Ikizukuri' course) You can enjoy the great meal that the hotel boasts of, using abundant seafood from the Seto Inland Sea and fresh ingredients from the fertile Awaji Island. You will find the sea bream 'Ikizukuri' really big! The local sea bream is prepared so fresh and alive. 'Horakuyaki' is a traditional steamed dish of Awaji Island originated from Umemaru.
<Menu> Appetizer, sea bream 'Ikizukuri', 'Horakuyaki' of sea bream and turban shell, boiled bony-parts of sea bream, tempura, vinegared dish, pickles, soup, fruit
3. Ceramic art (optional) You can try the ceramic art such as painting, hand-forming, or electric wheel at the hotel's workshop like a secret hideaway. You can paint on a dish or a cup. Or you can make a cup or a dish by hand-forming or using an electric wheel. With careful help, even a beginner can create nice artwork.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
Time：240 minutes (It may take longer if you join the ceramic art workshop)
- Meeting point：Awaji Island Uzushio Onsen Umemaru Hotel [MAP]
1137-9, Anaga, Minami Awaji-shi, Hyogo-ken
JR Shin-Kobe Station
↓ Subway (approx. 2 min.)
↓ Highway bus (Shinki Bus or Awaji Kotsu Bus) (approx. 70 min.）
Rikuno-minato-seidan bus stop
*Pick-up service at the bus stop is available if you contact us beforehand.
- Minimum number of participants：2 people
Language support：English, Japanese, Chinese, Korean (audio guide)
・hot-spring bathing (Shampoo, body soap, etc. are prepared)
・postage (ceramic artwork)
Items to bring：You can bring your towel and bath towel, but they can be rented or sold as an option.
- Participation requirements：13 years old and over
- Free Wi-Fi：◯
Other things to note ：
・The private room can be used until 15:00.
・If you join the ceramic art workshop, the finished artwork will be sent later.
・The postage differs depending on the county of destination. Please pay it on the spot
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.