Calling All Coffee Lovers! Make Your Own Original Coffee in Karuizawa
- Duration: 120 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Karuizawa, Nagano
- Product code: EN-NGN-7096-70960
Calling all coffee lovers! Visit our specialty coffee shop and try our roasting and pour over coffee brewing experience in refreshing Karuizawa. Our workshop starts with the process of roasting green coffee beans using a roasting net. Next, you will learn the pour over coffee brewing method, a popular way of making coffee in Japan since long ago, according to the original method of the shop that produced champions at Japan Hand Drip Championship. You can take your roasted coffee beans back home as a souvenir. Enjoy your coffee at home while remembering the scenery from Karuizawa!
- Experience the pour over brewing method which is popular in Japan!
- Enjoy our beginner-friendly roasting workshop while enjoying the refreshing air in Karuizawa.
- Take your roasted coffee back home as a souvenir.
- Make your special own, one and only coffee, as roasting and brewing gives it a different flavor.
Briefing→Hands-on coffee roasting workshop→Pour over coffee brewing→Tasting
Pour over coffee brewing has been a popular way of making coffee in Japan for a long time. This charming plan enables you to try pour over coffee brewing according to the original method of the winner of a competition. Plus, you can roast coffee beans by yourself while enjoying the nature and refreshing air in Karuizawa.
First, you will try the process of roasting green coffee beans using a roasting net while listening to an explanation by our experienced instructor.
Next, we will explain how to brew coffee using a pour over. You can make delicious coffee with the beans you roasted.
Brewing good coffee is not difficult. With a little effort and time, your coffee will become surprisingly delicious.
You can take the coffee beans you roasted home with you. Enjoy your original coffee at home.
Being located easily accessible from the station, you can enjoy sightseeing and shopping in Karuizawa after your time at our shop. At the cafe attached to the shop, you can taste nice coffee and sweets. Utensils to brew coffee, coffee cups, and coffee beans are available for purchase at our shop.
Make your own, one and only coffee to become refreshed and relaxed!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：120 minutes *The required time may differ depending on the number of participants.
- Meeting point：Karuizawa Roastery by CafeSucre&innocent coffee
2955-15, Nagakura, Karuizawa-machi, Kitasaku-gun, Nagano-ken 389-0111
【By train】 A 6-minute walk from Naka-Karuizawa Station on Shinano Railway
【By car】 Approx. 27 minutes by car from Usui Karuizawa IC
- Language support：English/Chinese (menu, written instruction)
- Included ：Material cost
- Excluded：Transportation to/from the shop
- Items to bring：Writing utensils, apron
- Special support：If you should cancel due to your schedule and cannot change the date, it is possible that you can get a coffee product of the same amount. Please contact us.
- Free Wi-Fi ：✖
- Toilet(Western style)：〇
- Other things to note：
・Workshop is not held during Golden Week (April 27 to May 6, 2019) and Obon period (August 10 to 15, 2019)
・A child can join the workshop accompanied by a participating adult
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.