Tasting Matcha in the Traditional Teahouse, Appreciating Art, Walking in the Daimyo Garden
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Marugame, Kagawa
- Product code: EN-KGW-7015-70150
Enjoy Matcha green tea in the teahouse and appreciate paintings in Marugame Art Museum built in 'sukiya (teahouse) style.' Have a peaceful walk in Nakazu Banshoen, the traditional Japanese garden built over 300 years ago.
- Taste Matcha in the traditional Japanese teahouse
- Watch the appearance of Kancho-ro, the oldest extant teahouse built around 240 years ago in Edo period
- Appreciate paintings and ceramics in the museums pleasing to the eye
- Walk around a Daimyo Garden built in 1688 by the feudal lord
- Large 'Kasamatsu,' umbrella-shaped pine tree over 600 years old, whose width is 15 meters
Check-in→Matcha experience→ visit Marugame Art Museum, walk around Nakazu Banshoen Garden→the end
In this plan, you can taste Match in the traditional Japanese teahouse, appreciate paintings in Marugame Art Museum, and enjoy walking in Nakazu Banshoen Garden.
Have a delicious Matcha tea in the teahouse, a designated cultural property of Marugame City, usually open only on Sundays. Appreciate the elegant appearance of Kancho-ro, the oldest extant teahouse in Japan built in Edo period.
Marugame Art Museum has two sections, Art Museum and Ceramics Museum. The Art Museum is a one-story building in 'sukiya-style' that harmonizes with its surroundings, the traditional Japanese garden. The building of the Ceramics Museum has an atmosphere of Oriental region and it is in a good harmony with the Japanese garden full of pine trees.
Art Museum permanently displays paintings by the great French painters in 19th Century, for example, Millet, Rousseau, Corot, and Courbet. Ceramics Museum has ancient earthenware with a colored pattern made between 2500 B.C. and 13th Century unearthed in present-day Iran and Iraq, glass and china.
Nakazu Banshoen was established in 1688. Bansho means all things in the universe. As the name implies, the garden is 5 hectares in area. The scenery changes vividly depending on the season and the garden reproduces nature that has fostered Japanese aesthetic value and culture.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：150 minutes
- Meeting point：Nakazu Banshoen
25-1, Nakazucho, Marugame-shi, Kagawa-ken
It takes about 6 minutes by taxi from JR Marugame Station
It takes about 5 minutes by taxi from JR Tadotsu Station
- Language support：Japanese
- Included ：Matcha experience, Admission to the Japanese Garden and Museums
- Excluded：Meal, souvenir
- Free Wi-Fi ：〇
- Toilet(Japanese/Western style)：〇
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.