A Trip to Pray for Better Fortune in Echigo Nagaoka
- Varighet: 7 Timer (ca.)
- Lokasjon: Nagaoka, Niigata
- Produktkode: EN-NGT-7098-70980
This plan enables you to visit a Shinto shrine and experience traditional Japanese food, clothing, and housing. You will be dressed in the traditional costume of Shinto priest or shrine maiden who are engaged in Japanese shrines and take commemorative photos. First, you will experience the purification ceremony at 1300-year-old Kinpu Shrine and take commemorative photos in front of the huge Japanese Zelkova tree of 800 years old in its premises. Then you will go to Kamogawakan, a popular Japanese restaurant in Nagaoka, and enjoy a rich Japanese cuisine prepared with brewing fermentation featuring the local high-quality blackthroat seaperch. You can taste and compare various kinds of locally brewed sake with the regional cuisine unique to Nagaoka to the full. Lastly, you will visit the fish farm of Nishikigoi, colored carp. Appreciate how vividly and elegantly they swim!
- Experience the purification ceremony and the costume of Shinto priest at 1300-year-old Kinpu Shrine, one of the bases of the traditional religion in Nagaoka
- A huge Japanese Zelkova tree of 800 years old
- Japanese course meal with brewing fermentation unique to Nagaoka, which cannot be eaten in Tokyo
- Taste and compare signature sake from 16 local breweries
- Visit the fish farm of world-famous beautiful Nishikigoi
JR Nagaoka Station→Transferring by Taxi→Arrival at the shrine→purification ceremony→wear clothes of Shinto priest or shrine maiden→commemorative photos→change clothes→Transferring by Taxi→lunch・taste and compare sake→Transferring by Taxi→visit the fish farm of Nishikigoi→the tour ends
This luxurious program includes experiences of feeling the sacred energy at a Shinto shrine, tasting authentic Japanese cuisine and sake and appreciating Nishikigoi in a relaxed mood.
Kinpu Shrine is 1300 years old, surrounded by old cedar and cherry trees and filled with solemn atmosphere.
First, you will experience the traditional purification ceremony called 'Oharai.' Feel the sacred energy that the shine has. Then, you will put on a costume of Shinto priest or shrine maiden who have been keeping up the tradition of the shine and serving the god. Let's take commemorative photos in front of 'Zao no O-Keyaki,' the sacred tree over 800 years old standing in the premises of the shrine. This offers a special occasion to put on a mystic costume that even Japanese people rarely wear.
After taking photos, let's go to Nagaoka's popular Japanese restaurant, Kamogawakan. You will enjoy Nagaoka's local delicacy, Japanese dishes prepared with brewing fermentation. The local high-quality fish, Nodoguro is cooked with the local miso and the salted rice malt. Appreciate the rich and elegant taste they have! You can drink and compare the local sake brewed in Nagaoka with the largest number of breweries in Niigata Prefecture. The sake of Nagaoka has a dry and clean taste as brewed in a cold environment with deep snow. Compare and find your favorite sake!
Lastly, you will visit the fish farm of Nishikigoi, colored carp. Do you know that Nagaoka is the birthplace of Nishikigoi? Japanese carp is called "living gem" or "swimming art" and symbolizes the beautiful scenery of Japanese gardens.
Why not take an opportunity to experience traditional Japanese food, clothing, and housing in Nagaoka?
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：7 hours
- Meeting point：Ticket gate of JR Nagaoka Station [MAP]
2-7, Jonai-cho, Nagaoka-shi, Niigata-ken 940-0061
- Access：It takes 1 hour and 50 minutes by Joetsu Shinkansen from JR Tokyo Station
- Minimum number of participants：5 people
- Language support：English (guide by staff, menu)
- Included ：Experience fee
- Excluded：Taxi fare (approx. 3,000 to 4,000 yen/person) at the destination
- Items to bring：Please wear clothes and shoes easy to move in
- Special support：The staff will meet you at the meeting point, JR Nagaoka Station. A minibus can be arranged so please inquire us when making a reservation.
- Free Wi-Fi ：×
- Toilet(Japanese/Western style)：〇
- Other things to note：
・There is a case where the scheduled facility cannot be used. In that case, the contents of the tour may be changed with the approval from the customer.
・The tour may be canceled due to natural disaster or traffic accident. In such cases, the customer will be notified and receive a refund.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.