Samurai experience at a Japanese garden restaurant and Japanese cuisine
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Ohmuta, Fukuoka
- Product code: EN-FKO-7108-71080
In this plan, you will be offered to have an opportunity to learn the movements, skills of Samurai, and the “Samurai Spirit” that Japan is proud of about our own country. After the Samurai experience, you can enjoy the traditional Japanese cuisine at the restaurant. The skills of “iai” and “shuriken,” which symbolize the Samurai, will be taught to you by the professional swordsmith. Learning the way of Samurai will make the experience enjoyable for the customers with no prior experience. The traditional restaurant, where you will be dining, is well-known in the area and has had many celebrities’ visits in the past. Enjoy the authentic Japanese cuisine! You will also be offered to have an opportunity to appreciate the “Unryu-Zu (A Dragon and Clouds)” a painting, drawn by Musashi Miyamoto, one of the most famous swordsmen in Japan.
- It is the only restaurant, where you can experience the traditional Japanese cuisine and "iai" experience using the authentic Japanese swords at the same time, in Japan.
- A swordsmith will teach each of you the essential skills of Samurai in accordance with the safety instructions.
- Enjoy the delicious and in-house homemade soba. Many celebrities have visited the restaurant, and it was introduced on TV shows.
- Live performance of Kenbu (sword performance), Shamisen/Koto (traditional Japanese instruments), Zazen (Zen meditation), Sado (tea ceremony) and upgrades to your course meals are available as an option.
- You will also have an opportunity to appreciate the Japanese garden with seasonal flowers and trees in each season to sense the four seasons of Japan.
Change clothes (if you wish to try on a 'dohgi,' the Samurai outfit) → Samurai experience → Meal (Japanese cuisine) → Appreciate “Unryu-Zu,” a drawing by Musashi Miyamoto.
Many people associate the Samurai with Japan. In this plan, you can change your clothes to a dohgi for a full Samurai experience. After the experience, the Japanese cuisine will be served at the restaurant. In addition, there is a drawing, called, “Unryu-Zu” (A Dragon and Clouds), drawn by Musashi Miyamoto, one of the most famous swordsmen in Japan.
The “iai” that you will experience here is a technique to quickly remove your sword from its sheath in order to make a blow to or parry an attack from your opponent. The Shuriken (small-sized and star-shaped weapon made out of iron) was a weapon used against an opponent to reduce the enemy's strength. The speed and accuracy of this skill symbolize the Samurai style. At the end of the experience, please feel free to take memorial photos of you in a Samurai outfit to add to your album!
➡Kenbu option: Enjoy the demonstration of 'iai-giri' (the technique of drawing a sword and cutting) by a master swordsman and his disciples at the garden.
➡Live music performance: Shamisen and Koto will be played during your meal.
➡Zazen and tea ceremony options: Will be held in one of the guest rooms.
There are two types of upgrades to your meal. If you wish to upgrade, please choose at the time of booking.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：About 90 minutes. It takes 120 to 180 minutes if you add an optional Zen or tea ceremony experience.
- Meeting point：Restaurant “Shinminato”
3-2-9 Hon-machi, Ohmuta-city, Fukuoka 836-0046
- Access：About a 3-minute walk from Omuta Station (JR Kagoshima Main Line or Nishitetsu Tenjin Omuta Line)
- Language support：Guide (English / Chinese), Menu instruction manual (English / Chinese)
- Included ：Meal, Samurai experience, 'Dohgi,' the Samurai outfit (rental)
- Excluded：Kenbu (sword performance), Shamisen/Koto (traditional Japanese instruments) Live performance, Zazen (Zen meditation), Sado (tea ceremony)
- Participation requirements ：Those who can maintain moderation and follow the instructions of the instructor.
- Special support：If you have food allergies etc., please let us know at the time of booking.
- Free Wi-Fi ：〇
- Toilet(Western style)：〇
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.