Special Morning Temple Visit and Buddhist Rite Experience in Central Osaka
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Osaka, Osaka
- Product code: EN-OSK-3022-30220
Enter Aizendo Shomanin Temple early in the morning before it opens to the public and join the special morning worship and religious service. This is the earliest cultural experience tour held in the center of Osaka. As an option, you can try "shojin-ryori" (a vegetarian dish) after the experience.
- Enjoy the earliest cultural experience tour in central Osaka.
- Enter Aizendo Shomanin Temple before it opens to the public, and join the morning religious service. Offer a prayer in the pure morning air and get vital energy at the beginning of the day.
- Aizendo Shomanin Temple is located in the southern part of the Teramachi area with 80 temples in 1km north by south. Visit here, and experience Japanese history and tradition.
- An expert guide will tell you how to worship at a Japanese temple and the manners for joining the religious service as well as the history and culture of Aizendo and the surrounding area.
- At the peak of the religious service, priests do “Gomagyo,” the Buddhist rite of burning wooden sticks, and pray to Aizen Myoo, the greatest god of match-making in Japan, for the wishes of the participants would come true.
- If you opt for the optional "shojin-ryori" breakfast, you can enjoy the rice porridge which is said to give you ten different benefits.
6:30 Meeting/Reception at Shukubo WAQOO Shitaderamachi
-Briefing on the experience by the guide (about 15 minutes)
-Go to Aizendo Shomanin Temple (about 5 minutes on foot)
7:00 Arrival at the temple/Special admission
-Special morning worship - religious service - walk in the precinct (about 40 minutes)
-Go back to WAQOO Shitaderamachi (about 5 minutes on foot)
8:00 Arrival at WAOO Shitaeramachi/The end of the tour
-If the option is selected-
8:00 Shojin-ryori breakfast in the hall (about 60 minutes)
*The itinerary may change depending on the circumstances.
After meeting at WAQOO Shitaderamachi, you will walk to Aizendo Shomanin Temple for 5 minutes. The temple usually opens at 9 am to the public, but you will specially enter the temple before it opens and enjoy a special visit, experience a religious service, and stroll in the precinct. During the tour, you can have a briefing on the history and culture from our guide in English/Chinese. The priest will explain the manners in English during the religious service. Stroll in the precinct when there are few people and get divine power at the beginning of the day.
After the experience is finished, you will go back to WAQOO Shitaderamachi. If you chose you can have a "shojin-ryori" (a vegetarian dish) breakfast in the hall of WAQOO Shitaderamachi.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：90 minutes including check-in (An additional is 60 minutes necessary for the option)
- Meeting point：WAQOO Shitaderamachi, the hall
2-5-12, Sitaderamachi, Tennoji-ku, Osaka-shi, Osaka
・Take the Osaka Metro Tanimachi Line to Shitennoji-mae Yuhigaoka Station and walk for 6 minute from the station
・Take the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji Line to Ebisucho Station and walk for 6 minute from the station
・A 8-minute taxi ride from JR Namba Station
・A 8-minute taxi ride from JR Tennoji Station
- Language support：Japanese, English, Chinese
Buddhist rosary and surplice necessary for the religious service are rented free of charge.
Transportation fees stipulated in the itinerary, taxes such as consumption tax
(*Excluding expenses such as transportation not included in the course and personal expenses)
- Free Wi-Fi：Available
- Toilet：Available (Western-style only)
- Option (Reservation in advance is necessary)：
You can have a shojin-ryori (vegetarian dish) breakfast. In the world of Zen, eating rice porridge will give you 10 benefits. You can eat ’Goriyakugayu' porridge made of rice blessed at the morning religious service in Aizendo Shomanin and 10 kinds of medicinal pickles. You can realize the wonderful start of the day.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.