Cruise to Three Scenic Spots in Japan and Indulge in Local Specialties
- Duration: 75 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Miyagi-gun, Matsushima-machi, Miyagi
- Product code: EN-MYG-7103-71031
Go on a cruise around Matsushima, one of the three most scenic spots in Japan, and admire the island that has ties with Matsuo Basho (a Japanese haiku poet) and Date Masamune (a legendary warrior). Before or after the cruise, you can cook Sendai's specialty, "sasa amaboko" (seasoned white fish), and enjoy its wonderful flavor. You can also enjoy grilled oysters, a specialty of Matsushima.
- Visit Matsushima, one of the three most scenic spots in Japan.
- This is the only sightseeing course that allows you to visit the islands that are connected to a famous haiku poet, Matsuo Basho, and Date Masamune, the first lord of Sendai Domain, up close.
- Broil and eat piping hot "sasa kamaboko" (seasoned white fish), a specialty of Sendai.
- Enjoy oysters fresh from Matsushima
- Choose from 3 sightseeing courses (【A】Masamune Course: Matsushima→Matsushima, 【B】Basho Course: Matsushima→Shiogama, 【C】 Basho Course: Shiogama→Matsushima)
【A】Masamune Course: Check-in at Matsushima Kisen (No. 2 counter) at Matsushima Kaigan Rest House→Take a boat on Matsushima Bay→Enjoy broiling "sasa kamaboko" at Matsushima Kamaboko Honpo and tasting grilled oysters at Takesuzu-an→End
【B】Basho Course (Matsushima→Shiogama: Check-in at Matsushima Kisen (No. 2 counter) at Matsushima Kaigan Rest House→Enjoy broiling "sasa kamaboko" at Matsushima Kamaboko Honpo and tasting grilled oysters at Takesuzu-an as you like→Take a boat→Disembark at Shiogama→End
* No service at 09:00
【C】Basho Course (Shiogama→Matsushima: Check-in at Marine Gate Shiogama→Take a boat→Disembark at Matsushima→Enjoy broiling "sasa kamaboko" at Matsushima Kamaboko Honpo and tasting grilled oysters at Takesuzu-an→End
When checking in, please get tickets for broiling "sasa kamaboko" and grilling oysters. Hand over the tickets at the respective shops.
You will check-in at Marubun Matsushima Kisen (No. 2 counter) at Matsushima Kaigan Rest House or Marine Gate Shiogama. Next, you will ride a boat which leaves every hour on the hour and enjoy sightseeing around Matsushima Bay (50 minutes). Then you can enjoy two food experiences, in any order: Broiling "sasa kamaboko" by yourself and tasting it (10 minutes) at Matsushima Kamaboko Honpo and eating grilled oysters (5 minutes) at Takesuzu-an.
This is a round-trip course in the bay departing from and arriving at Matsushima (50 minutes). You can look at Futago-jima and Nio-jima, the islands representing Matsushima, as well as lesser-known Kabuto-jima or Yoroi-jima islands, while cruising on the shallow waters. It's a special experience that only Marubun Matsushima Kisen offers. Enjoy the scenic views while listening to the narration about the names and stories of the islands!
This is a one-way course (50 minutes) from Shiogama to Matsushima or from Matsushima to Shiogama. The course connecting Shiogama and Matsushima is operated only by Marubun Matsushima Kisen. It is said the famous haiku poet, Matsuo Basho, was deeply impressed by the views along this special course. The boat will take you on a tour of islands such as Sengan-jima and Nio-jima. As the boat goes through shallow waters, you can look at various feature of the islands up close. Enjoy sightseeing while aboard the boat.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：75 minutes (50 minutes for the boat trip,10 minutes for broiling Sasa Kamaboko, and 5 minutes for grilling oysters)
- Meeting point：
Marubun Matsushima Kisen (No. 2 counter) at Matsushima Kaigan Rest House
98-1 Matsushima-chonai, Matsushima-machi, Miyagi-gun, Miyagi-ken
No. 2, Matsushima Kaigan Rest House
Marine Gate Shiogama
1-4-1, Minato-machi, Shiogama-shi, Miyagi-ken
By car：A 10-minute drive from Matsuhisa Kaigan IC
By train：A 7-minute walk from JR Senseki Line Matsushima Kaigan Station
By car：A 10-minute drive from Rifunaka IC
By train：A 10-minute walk from JR Senseki Line Hon-Shiogama Station
- Language support：English, Chinese, Korean (Audio guide :)
- Included ：Boarding ticket, Sasa Kamaboko (1 piece), grilled oysters (2 pieces)
- Special support：Accessible by wheelchair and stroller.Baggage keeping service is available.
- Free Wi-Fi ：×
- Toilet(Japanese/Western style)：〇
- Other things to note：
・The service may be canceled on the day when the weather is rough.In that case, you will get a refund.
・Please note the meeting point differs according to the course.
・Please show your voucher (mobile or paper) and get tickets of broiling Sasa Kamaboko and grilling oysters.
・Infant (0 to 6 years old) are free to take the pleasure boat.Please pay for broiling Sasa Kamaboko and grilling oyster experiences at the respective shops.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.