Walk Through the Snow Corridor of Miyagi
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Katta-gun, Miyagi
- Product code: EN-MYG-7105-71053
View the towering snow walls on the mountain sightseeing road, “Zao Echo Line”. Magnificent, high-rising snow walls are created when the snow is finally removed from the road. The walls lining the road reach 10 meters tall and have the appearance of castle walls.
This stretch of snow is referred to as the Snow Corridor and can only be seen in its full grandeur for a short period of time in the spring. You will be able to walk through the Snow Corridor and look at it up close. A crawler-type snow vehicle called a Wind Monster will take you to the starting point of the walk where the "Daikoku-ten" (god of wealth) awaits you.
- Take a picture of the striking contrast between the white snow and the black surface of the lave plateau around Daikoku-ten.
- Walk through snow walls right after they've been created, when they are at their highest and most beautiful.
- Only participants of the tour can walk on the road that is not yet open to traffic. Take your time and enjoy a leisurely walk.
- "Wild Monster" is fully air-conditioned, so anyone from a child to the elderly can enjoy the tour comfortably. Six vehicles can accommodate about 100 passengers at one time.
- You may also be able to enjoy cherry blossom viewing, as the tour period coincides with the flowering period.
- If you choose the optional deluxe class, an exclusive reception and a deluxe snow vehicle are available. It offers a comfortable ride in separate seats facing forward.
10：30 Meet up・Reception （At Sumikawa Snow Park）（If you use the free shuttle bus, 10：10 Togatta Hot Spring Tourist Information Center or 10：15 Active Resorts Miyagi Zao）・・・11：00 Ride the snow vehicle・・・11：30 Arrive at Daikoku-ten "Snow Walls" （walk for 30 minutes）・・・12：00 Ride the snow vehicle・・・12：30 Arrive at Sumikawa Snow Park・Tour ends （If you use the free shuttle bus, 13：15 Sumikawa Snow Park ・・・13：35 Active Resorts Miyagi Zao ・・・13：40 Togatta Hot Spring Tourist Information Center
12：30 Meet up・Reception （At Sumikawa Snow Park）（If you use the free shuttle bus, 11：35 Togatta Hot Spring Tourist Information Center or 11：40 Active Resorts Miyagi Zao）・・・13：00 Ride the snow vehicle・・・13：30 Arrive at Daikoku-ten "Snow Walls" （walk for 30 minutes）・・・14：00 Ride the snow vehicle・・・14：30 Arrive at Sumikawa Snow Park・Tour ends （If you use the free shuttle bus, 15：00 Sumikawa Snow Park ・・・15：20 Active Resorts Miyagi Zao ・・・15：25 Togatta Hot Spring Tourist Information Center）
Miyagi Zao is a heavy snowfall area where the snow can grow to become 10 meters deep. It is the land of snow and ice.
This plan is only available to tour participants for a limited time, as the snow walls are created when groundskeepers remove snow from the Zao Echo Line.
The tour price includes a snow vehicle rental fee. Make sure to bring cold-proof boots!
※An exclusive reception is available for customers who choose the deluxe plan. This plan includes a complimentary drink at the exclusive lounge, a rental blanket in the snow vehicle, a portable body warmer, and all of the goods that come with the standard plan.
Transportation will be provided. The "Wild Monster" will take you to Daikoku-ten where you can gaze upon the Snow Corridor. The snow walls are highest during this season and look like white castle walls, and if you look closely, you can find striped patterns on the walls!
There will be no other cars on the road, as it is not yet open to traffic at this time.
Feel free to take pictures with the snow walls as your background.
A free shuttle bus service is available from Togatta Hot Spring or Active Resorts Miyagi Zao (reservation required). Bundle up with a thick jacket, knit cap, and gloves and come enjoy the famous Snow Corridor!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：90 minutes
- Meeting point & Access：
①Miyagi Zao Sumikawa Snow Park
Kuraishi-dake National Forest, Togatta Onsen, Zao-machi, Katta-gun, Miyagi-ken 989-0916
・A 25-minute ride on the free shuttle bus from Togatta Hot Spring Tourist Information
・A 20-minute ride on the free shuttle bus from Active Resorts Miyagi Zao
②Togatta Hot Spring Tourist Information Center
33, Togatta Onsen Naka-machi, Zao-machi, Katta-gun, Miyagi-ken 989-0912
・ JR Shiroishi Station→Take Miyagi Kotsu bus for 50 minutes. Alight at Togatta Onsen
③Active Resorts Miyagi Zao
1-1, Togatta Onsen Oni-ishihara, Zao-machi, Katta-gun, Miyagi-ken 989-0916
・JR Sendai Station West Exit→Take the highway bus at Sendai Ekimae bus stop
bound for Togatta Onsen for 60 minutes→Alight at Miyagi Zao Royal Hotel
・JR Shiroishi Station or JR Shiroishi Zao Station→Take Miyako Bus for 50
minutes→Alight at Miyagi Zao Royal Hotel
- Language support：Japanese
- Included：Ticket for the standard class snow vehicle, cold-proof boots rental, transportation stipulated in the itinerary, taxes such as consumption tax
Ticket for the deluxe class snow vehicle (optional)
*Expenses such as transportation not stipulated in the itinerary, and personal expenses (lunch, admission to the hot spring, etc.)
- Items to bring：Cold protection measures (thick jacket, knit cap, gloves, sunglasses), motion sickness medicine (if necessary)
- Participation requirements：Not recommended for those who have a backache or serious heart trouble.
- Free Wi-F：〇
- Toilet： 〇
- Other things to note：
・Go to the restroom before riding the snow vehicle. Those who have motion sickness,
are pregnant, or have serious heart trouble should refrain from joining the tour.
・An advance reservation is necessary for the free shuttle bus to/from Sumikawa Snow
Park. Please select the time and spot you are joining/leaving the tour when you book
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.