Oriental Jewelry Box on the Northern Sea! A Rickshaw Tour Visiting Night View of Hakodate
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Hakodate, Hokkaido
- Product code: EN-HKD-5010-50101
Hakodate is a major city of Hokkaido that is open to the world. You will tour around the beautifully illuminated Preservation District by rickshaw.You will go around comfortably without being bothered with heavy baggage and congestion, from famous tourist attractions to hidden backstreets known only by the local guides. You are sent to Hakodate Station and its neighborhood at the end of the tour. This special tour offers a luxurious time to you.
- A tour visiting romantic night view spots by rickshaw, a traditional Japanese vehicle
- Fully prepared for bad weather. A comfortable rickshaw releases your stress of walking through a crowd with baggage
- Rickshaw driver, who knows information not listed on the guidebooks and backstreets, will show you to the hottest fun spot
- Let the driver take souvenir photos with the exotic rickshaw at beautiful spots(please bring your camera)
- The only tour you can enjoy the Hakodate's night views by rickshaw
Meet up at Sanroku (submontane) Station on Mt. Hakodate Ropeway→Churches→Hachimanzaka→The public hall→Kanemori Red Brick Warehouse (the last spot of 30 min. course)→Hakodate Station and nearby hotels (the final point of 45 or 60 min. courses)
Hakodate is a major city of Hokkaido, located in the far north of Japan. It is a charming city where cultural heritages and modern liveliness are integrated together. You are introduced to a luxurious tour visiting Hakodate's night view spots by rickshaw. Rickshaw is a two-wheel vehicle designed to carry people and is pulled by a rickshaw driver. It is faster than walking and can run on the roadway more safely than a bicycle, even when the passenger has baggage. So they are operated in many places in Japan since the 19th century.
The rickshaw driver taking care of you on this tour knows all the tourist attractions and backstreets. He is an expert who offers a kind and careful tour.
The rickshaw is capable of stable traveling without letting the passengers get wet even on a rainy or snowy day. What is more, a passenger using a wheelchair or having a stroller can enjoy the ride comfortably. (Please consult us when you book the tour.)
At first, you are recommended to take a ropeway up to Mt. Hakodate and enjoy the marvelous evening views from the top of the mountain. (The ropeway fare is paid separately.) After getting off the ropeway, you will travel around Preservation Districts for Groups of Historic Buildings in Hakodate. The port town flourished from the 19th to the beginning of the 20th century still reserves a townscape representing a fusion of eastern and western cultures. You can enjoy the romantic scenery illuminated at night time. You may be able to encounter unexpected events or views.
At the end of the tour, you can be sent to Hakodate Station and its neighborhood (only for 45 and 60-minute tours) This tour is recommended for those who like to enjoy Hokkaido even not knowing where to go, want to enjoy a tour comfortably without getting lost, and like to appreciate the scenery different from the usual.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：30 minutes, 45 minutes, or 60 minutes (choose the course when you book the tour)
- Meeting point：In front of the Sanroku Station on Mt. Hakodate Ropeway
19-7, Motomachi, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido040-0054
・A 30-minute ride by taxi from Hakodate Airport
・Take Hakodate City Tram from the entrance of JR Hakodate Station, either Route 2 for Yachigashira or Route 5 for Hakodate-Dock-mae, and alight at Jujigai stop.Walk for 10 minutes.
- Language support：English, Japanese
- Included：Rickshaw fare and accompanying services
- Excluded：Mt. Hakodate Ropeway fare, transportation not included in the itinerary, and personal expenses
- Participation requirements ：An infant aged 5 and younger can join the tour free of charge.
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Other things to note：
・The starting time may be changed according to the time of sunset. In that case, you will be notified of the exact starting time beforehand. (Roughly, it is 15 minutes after sunset and later)
・When you book the tour, please refer to the sunset time in the following link, and choose the time to take a rickshaw.
・Up to 2 adults can take one rickshaw.
・If there is no safety problem, up to 1 preschooler can sit on the laps of an adult on the same rickshaw.
・If there are 2 and more preschoolers, the number of rickshaws and the fare may be changed.
・You can take rickshaw comfortably even on a rainy or snowy day.But in case of the heavy snow, the tour may be canceled. In that case, you will be notified of the cancellation over the phone at least 3 hours before the tour and get a refund.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.