Taste Tea and Create Your Own Original Blend
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Hakodate, Hokkaido
- Product code: EN-HKD-5009-50090
Taste tea from all over Japan while learning about its history and culture in the northern trading city of Hakodate. Make your own special blend by choosing your favorite combination.
- Taste tea from all over Japan.
- Learn the history and culture of Japanese tea from a tea expert.
- Blend your favorite tea and take it home.
- Feel the real local atmosphere at the tea shop, an oasis for locals.
- Conveniently located for visiting major tourist attractions before and after the activity.
Visit the tea shop → Explanation of Japanese tea history and culture → Tea tasting experience → Making original Japanese tea → End
Hakodate is an international city that flourished through trading. It was one of the first trading ports in Japan along with Yokohama Port and Nagasaki Port in the 19th century.
Recently, Hakodate ranked 1st for the 11th consecutive year as the most attractive city in Japan. It has more than 20 tourist spots that were given 1 or more stars in Michelin Green Guide Japan. Hakodate is regarded as one of the most promising travel destinations in Japan by international tourists. The port city serves as the trading center where select tea from all over Japan is sold and enjoyed.
Being located in a subarctic zone, tea is not produced in Hakodate. Precious tea leaves are gathered in Hakodate by tea merchants who are connoisseurs and particular about tea. During this activity, you will encounter select tea from all over Japan.
Taste different tea leaves from major production areas in Japan while listening to the story from a tea expert. Appreciate the culture and history lying in the aroma of tea. Enjoying cup of tea that warms your body in the northern city will surely make for a peaceful afternoon. Under the guidance of the expert, you can blend your favorite leaves and make your own original tea. Taste various types of tea and find your favorite. Your blended tea will be one of a kind! (You can take home 50 grams of tea.)
Make a specially blended tea to suit your needs with an expert.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
Meeting point：Ochanokura, the multipurpose room at Maruyamaen Chaho Tea Shop
2-2, Suehirocho, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido 040-0053
- Access： A 4-minute walk from "Jujigai" station on the Hakodate City Tram
* This experience will be conducted in Japanese. Interpretation in English and Chinese is an optional service.
Please contact us if you need translation services such as English and Chinese.
- Included：A lecture on Japanese tea, Japanese tea tasting, the original tea blend (50grams）
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.