In-Depth Sake Brewery Tour Using the Five Senses
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Ohsaki, Miyagi
- Product code: EN-MYG-7117-71170
Take a deep dive into traditional sake brewing techniques in Miyagi with an English-speaking guide. This tour is not at all limited to the sake brewery visit either! In fact, you will be able to taste 'koji' (malted rice), sample different kinds of sake, and get a commemorative bottle of sake with your photo on the label. This tour is highly recommended for Japanese sake lovers.
- Learn about the production process of handmade sake that uses traditional Japanese fermentation techniques. The explanation will be in English.
- This experience will use all five senses, by holding sake brewing tools and tasting koji.
- Test your knowledge with a sake tasting quiz!
- Understand the diversity of Japanese sake by sampling several kinds of sake, each with unique features.
- Receive a souvenir bottle of sake with your portrait printed on the label.
Photo for the commemorative sake (3 min) → Watch a video (11 min) →Sake brewery visit with an English guide (40 min) → Sake tasting quiz (15 min) → Sake sampling (10 min) → Shop, receive the commemorative sake, photo time (12 min)
This plan will start by taking a photo to be used on your commemorative bottle of sake. Next, you will watch a video with English subtitles about sake brewing. Then, you will observe the sake production process through the windows along the passages within the production area. Rest assured that an English-speaking guide will give you thorough explanations as to what is happening. You may then try a sake tasting quiz to see if you can tell the difference between 3 kinds of sake. If you correctly answer the quiz questions, you will get a small gift. Next, you can enjoy sampling several sakes with different features as well as sweet sake (non-alcoholic), and you may also do some shopping if you'd like. Lastly, you will receive a commemorative bottle of sake with the label on which your photo is printed. The bottle contains 300 ml of Special Junmai dry sake, made only with rice and yeast. Receive souvenir sake only available here and just for you.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：90 minutes
- Meeting point：Ichinokura, the headquarter brewery
14, Okeyaki, Matsuyama Sengoku, Osaki-shi, Miyagi-ken 987-1393
From Sendai Station, take JR Tohoku Main Line to Matsuyamamachi Station (40 min)
A 10-minute drive by taxi
(An advance reservation is recommended. Sanbongi Taxi 0229-52-3131)
A 25-minute drive from Taiwa IC or Furukawa IC on the Tohoku Expressway
An 80-minute drive from Sendai International Airport
- Language support：English (guide, menu, written instruction), Chinise・Korean (menu, written instruction)
- Included：Brewery tour, experience fee, sake sampling, commemorative sake
- Excluded：Shopping, taxi fare
- Participation requirements：
・Age 20 and over for sake sampling. No age requirement for the sake brewery tour.
・Minors younger than 20 accompanied by the guardian can join free of charge. Sweet sake (non-alcoholic) is served.
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet (Western style)：〇
- Special condition：
・Wheelchair is accessible. Please contact us in advance.
・You can bring in a baby stroller.
- Other things to note：
・Sake brewing is suspended from early July to late September.
・Drivers cannot take part in the paid activity. The same goes for minors -- they can visit the brewery and drink sweet sake.
・Not recommended for those who have lower back pain.
・Pregnant women and those who suffer from heart disease etc. cannot take part in this plan.
【CANCELLATION POLICY】7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.