Cherry Blossom Viewing with Bento at Goryokaku (End of April to mid-May)
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Hakodate, Hokkaido
- Product code: EN-HKD-5017-50172
Enjoy "Hanami" (cherry blossom viewing) while eating authentic Japanese bento at Goryokaku Park! Hanami is one of Japan's most beloved traditions in which people all across the country gather to enjoy the beauty of the cherry blossom season. Ample and colorful Japanese dishes using seasonal ingredients, such as tempura and boiled dishes, will be provided for you during this experience. Beer, soft drinks, side dishes (onigiri rice ball, edamame, etc.) may be ordered on the spot. And, there is no need to scramble to find a place to sit on the grass, as we will reserve a space for you and your party! Please also feel free to bring food and drinks with you! Enjoy an authentic cherry-blossom viewing in a prime location right next to Goryokaku Tower!
- Enjoy Goryokaku Park, a premium cherry-blossom viewing location with 1600 cherry trees.
- Enjoy cherry blossom viewing while having a boxed lunch full of Japanese delicacies made of seasonal ingredients.
- We will secure a prime location next to Goryokaku Tower for you.
- Side dishes and drinks may be ordered on the spot, or brought with you.
- Appreciate the cherry blossoms illuminated against the night sky.
Reception → You are shown to the cherry blossom viewing spot → Cherry blossom viewing while eating
This plan enables you to enjoy Japanese-style bento (boxed lunch) with seasonal ingredients while watching the cherry blossoms at Goryokaku Park (outdoors), a
very popular viewing spot.
The reception place is behind the Goryokaku Tower. A prime location where the sheets are already spread out under the cherry trees will be provided for you. You can choose one of three kinds of bento (No.1 Aji-goyomi Hana, No.2 Aji-goyomi Shun, and No.3 Aji-goyomi Shiki). Whichever you choose, you will be satisfied with colorful Japanese delicacies using ingredients like fresh squid, scallops, and salmon, or popular Japanese dishes such as tempura and boiled foods.
Beer, soft drinks, and side dishes (rice balls, edamame, etc.) may be ordered on the spot. You may bring your own food and drinks as well. Come and spend a luxurious time viewing the cherry blossoms at Goryokaku, a popular tourist attraction!
<About Cherry Blossoms in Goryokaku>
The cherry blossom season reaches Hakodate around late-April every year. Goryokaku Park is a popular cherry blossom viewing spot where you can enjoy 1600 cherry blossom trees. Walk around the park, take some pictures, and appreciate the elegant cherry blossoms. The flowers adopt a new appearance at night, as they hang lanterns under the cherry trees to illuminate the blossoms. This is called 'Hanami Denshoku.' The pale red sparkles emitted from about 400 lanterns gently illuminates the cherry blossoms, making for a magical nighttime scene.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：1 hour
- Meeting point：Temporary building in Goryokaku Park, in front of Goryokaku Tower
43-9 Goryokakucho, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido 040-0001
- Access：From Hakodate Station, take the Hakodate City Tram Line No. 2 to Yunokawa (17 minutes) → Get off at Goryokaku Park and walk for 9 minutes
- Included：Bento boxed lunch, chopsticks, paper towel, sheet
- Excluded：Drinks, side dishes (available for purchase on the spot)
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet：〇（Temporary toilet）
【CANCELLATION POLICY】7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.