Trending in Hakodate: International Exchange and Special Dinner at the Rustic House Café
- Duration: 120 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Hakodate, Hokkaido
- Product code: EN-HKD-5022-50223
Hakodate, which has been developed as a settlement for people from different countries, is a hub of various cultures.
You can join a special dinner held at the café made from a renovated old Japanese house. The café has been creatively sharing the charms of the city of Hakodate, where the cultures of Russia and Japan have mixed.
- Dinner at the café loved by the local community as a space of relaxation
- Watch the enthusiastic music and play performed by the young members of the local theatrical company
- Have a warm interaction with the locals
- A stylish cafe made from a renovated old house of 80 years
- A good location for going sightseeing in Hakodate before and after the experience
Entry → The show starts, meal (please enjoy the show and chatting) → The show ends→ Wrap up
The Russian Hotel was in operation from 1863 to 1874, when Hakodate was opening the port as an international trade city.The hotel, run by the couple, Pyotr and Sofia, was a hotel that served as a residence, cafeteria, and inn. It was a lively place with officers when the warships entered the port. After Pyotr passed away in Tokyo, Sofia managed the hotel with Japanese staff. She also ran a ranch to sell milk and pork.
A regular event named "Russia Hotel'' is aimed at recreating the history of Hakodate filled with lively and enchanting atmosphere involving people of various occupations, Japanese and foreigners. The story goes that the hotel staff of those days returns to life longing for Sofia and performs energetic music and play, inspired by the story of the Russian Hotel's origin.
This is the only dinner where you can enjoy a locally-arranged course of Russian cuisine, sing songs, and experience a night dating back to the days when the port was opened. Show dates and seats are limited. Don't miss it!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：120 minutes
- Meeting point：Marutama Goya
2-3 Motomachi, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido 040-0054
A 10-minute walk from "Jujigai" station on Hakodate City Tram Route 2 or 5.
A 2-minute walk from Sanroku Mt. Hakodate Ropeway "Sanroku" station"
- Language support：English, French, Russian, and Japanese
- Included ：Everything necessary for the experience
- Excluded：Personal expenses not included in the experience
- Free Wi-Fi ：× (Free Wi-Fi available at Mt. Hakodate Ropeway near Marutama Goya)
- Toilet(Western style)：〇
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.