Squid Ink Painting and Calligraphy in a Hakodate Café & Bar
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Hakodate, Hokkaido
- Product code: EN-HKD-5014-50142
Take part in Shoga art (painting and calligraphy) in a Hakodate cafe and bar. This unique experience starts with cutting a squid and extracting ink with which you can freely draw pictures and letters. You will find the texture of squid ink to be quite different from ordinary calligraphy ink. There are no rules, so use your imagination and freely create some artwork that will make a great souvenir.
- Trying painting and calligraphy with squid ink extracted from high quality squid from Hokkaido.
- Draw your favorite motifs, such as kanji, illustrations, and landscapes.
- Your completed artwork can be taken home.
- The venue is within 20 minutes by train from Hakodate Station and is just a short walk from the station.
- The venue is easily accessible to historic spots and nearby downtown, both of which you are free to visit after the experience.
Visit→Explanation from the staff→Cut a squid→Draw on a postcard→Photo session (Use your own camera) →End
This is a unique opportunity to draw pictures and calligraphy using squid ink in Hakodate. Squid ink differs in composition from calligraphy ink and has a high viscosity. A strange gradation can be drawn depending on the paper used and the amount of water diluted, so rich expression is possible with only one color ink. Freely express letters and illustrations using squid ink obtained from high-quality squid, a specialty of Hokkaido.
The completed artwork is framed, so you do not have to worry about it bending during your travels. It's easy to get squid as a souvenir from Hokkaido, but this is the only experience in which you can bring back your own artwork drawn with squid ink.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：60 minutes
- Meeting point：Cultural Experience Cafe & Bar "HAKODATE Suginami"
Old Style Hotel Hakodate Goryokaku 1F, 29-23, Honcho, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido 040-0011
- Access： From JR Hakodate Station, take Hakodate City Tram Route 2 for Yunokawa (30 min)→Get off at Goryokaku station, and walk for 3 minutes
- Language support：Chinese, English (using POCKETALK, Voice translation device), Japanese
※Multilingual voice translation device "POCKETALK" is available.
- Included：Squid ink, paper, painting tool, guidance
- Excluded：Expenses not included in the activity
- Participation requirements：
・Aged 6 and over (Children younger than 6 can come with an adult)
・For a child aged 12 or younger, please take part in with an adult.
- Free Wi-Fi：〇
- Other things to note：
・Squid ink is safe to eat. If it accidentally sticks to your clothes, it may not come off. Please come in clothes you do not mind getting dirty.
・A knife is used to cut a squid in the process of the activity. A participating child needs to be accompanied and supervised by a guardian.
・Children aged 6 to 12 years are required to be accompanied by a guardian to join.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.