Explore Inujima Island: A Small Art Island on the Seto Inland Sea
- Duration: 360 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: 岡山市北区, 岡山県
- Product code: EN-OKY-7128-71280
Have a great time taking in the industrial heritage and art of Inujima Island on this extensive tour! A taxi transfer from Hotel Granvia Okayama to Hoden Port is included for easy transportation.
Inujima island has no access to cars, so you can enjoy the pleasant sounds nature far removed from the hustle and bustle of city life. Nature and art coexist beautifully on this peaceful, remote island on the Seto Inland Sea.
- The plan includes a taxi transfer from Hotel Granvia Okayama to Hoden Port, which is the ferry stop to Inujima.
- Enjoy Inujima island, an island of industrial heritage and art.
- A ferry ticket is included.
- Go sightseeing and freely explore Inujima island during your stay.
- You can return easily to your hotel by taxi.
【PRICES】34,350 yen ～52,400 yen （tax included）
*Please select 1 from 4 kinds of taxi.
Meeting at Hotel Granvia Okayama (12:00) → Move to Hoden Port (about 40 minutes) → Board the Akebono Maru departing at 13:00 from Hoden Port (about 10 minutes) → Arrive at Inujima island→ Sightseeing Inujima island(about 240 minutes) → Board the Akebono Maru departing at 17:15 and back to Hoden Port (about 10 minutes) → Move to Hotel Granvia Okayama (about 40 minutes) → Wrap up at Hotel Granvia Okayama (18:00)
Inujima island, which is about 3 km off the coast of Hoden in Okayama City, Okayama Prefecture, is the only inhabited island in Okayama City. The island has attracted attention as an art island. For example, the Inujima Seirensho Art Museum revamped the site of a copper smelter and is also designated as a modern industrial heritage site, and the "House Project" was developed in a village in Inujima Island. From the 1990s, it became famous as an island of art. The rich scenery, colored with the sea and trees, is a must-see along with the many art exhibits housed on the island.
Tour course example
1. Inujima Seirensho Art Museum
An art museum that preserves and regenerates the remains of the copper smelter on Inujima island. It is a work by Yukinori Yanagi, inspired by Yukio Mishima, who warned of modernization in Japan, and is also a modern industrial heritage site. The architect is Hiroshi Sanbuichi. There are cafes and stores in the museum.
2. House Project
In 2010, the gallery was opened in the village of Inujima Island for the purpose of planning a themed exhibition with the wish of "helping people feel the beautiful scenery of everyday life and nature spreading beyond art pieces."
Beyond the sea, you can see Shodoshima Island and Teshima island. Take a break on the quiet beach after enjoying some art.
4.Inujima Life Garden
About 4,500㎡ of land, which was used to mainly for glasshouses that have not been used for a long time, has been regenerated and developed as a botanical garden. It is rooted in the natural features and culture of Inujima.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：360 minutes (approx.)
- Minimum number of participants：1 person (Max. 9 people)
- Meeting point：Hotel Granvia Okayama
1-5 Ekimotomachi, Kita-ku, Okayama-shi, Oakayama Prefecture 700-8515
・ 3 minutes walk from Okayama station
・ 30 minutes by car from Okayama Airport
- Tour conductor
for 24 hours：None
- Accompanying National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter or Local Licensed Guide Interpreter：None
- Language support：Japanese
* English driver may be available
- Meals (included in a tour fee)：None
- Included：Taxi transfer fee, ferry fee
* Excludes transportation and other expenses not included in the course and personal expenses.
* Ticket fees are not included. Please arrange tickets by yourself.
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet：〇 at each facility
- Operating company：Ryobi Taxi
【TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS】
Before booking the tour, please confirm the Tour Terms & Conditions and save the document.
Check「TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS」（Japanese）
【TOUR PLANNER AND CONDUCTOR】
Regional Branding Institute Co., Ltd.
Aqua Terrace UⅡ Bldg. 8F, 2-20-3 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0034
Travel Agency registered with a Tokyo Governor 2-7547
A regular member of All Nippon Travel Agents Association
10 to 8 days before the departure date of the tour 20%
7 to 2 days before the departure date of the tour 30%
The day before the departure date of the tour 40%
On the day of the departure date of the tour 50%
After the tour departed, No show 100%