Enjoy Nature of Hokkaido! Canoeing in Jozankei
- Duration: 60 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Sapporo, Hokkaido
- Product code: EN-HKD-5031‐50310
Paddle a canoe and take a 60-minute tour in the valley brilliant with autumn leaves.
Jump in the river on the way and play in the shallow water.
Jozankei is accessible in about one hour from downtown Sapporo. It is a perfect destination for a day trip to enjoy the unspoiled nature of Hokkaido for families, friends, and couples.
- Enjoy the autumn leaves while going down through the valley by canoe.
- Accessible from downtown Sapporo in about one hour.
- A child aged 3 and over can participate if he is not afraid of water. (must be accompanied by a guardian)
- Jump in the river from the canoe and play in the shallow water while touring.
- Three tour times a day enables you to easily make a schedule before and after it.
Put on a life jacket → explanation of how to operate a canoe, general instruction → canoe tour starts (the guide goes in parallel with you) → get off the canoe and play at jumping spots and in shallow water, if you like → rest on a sandbank (the halfway point) → finish →dissolution
Toyohira River, one of the largest rivers in southwestern Hokkaido, is indispensable to support the life in Sapporo.
The upper reaches of the river, Jozankei, is accessible in about one hour from the city center. Untouched nature remains in Jozankei, centering on the beautiful valley, which is a symbol of this area.
With this plan, you can take a canoe touring for about 1 km in 60 minutes. Appreciate the breathtaking views of the valley surrounded by the mountains brilliantly colored with autumn leaves.
An experienced guide lectures on how to operate the canoe and runs side by side with you from beginning to end. So even a beginner can try out the first canoeing with ease.
In the middle of the course, the shape of the valley changes, and fascinating scenery will spread out. At the recommended spots created by nature scattered on the course, you can drop off the canoe, jump in the river freely, and play in the shallow water.
A child of 3 years or older can participate in the same tour if he is not afraid of water. (A parent is required to accompany.)
The tour is held three times a day. So you can flexibly make your schedule before and after the tour.
Spend a day surrounded by the nature of Hokkaido with your family, friends, and sweetheart. The fulfilling day will become an unforgettable memory in Jozankei.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：60 minutes
- Meeting point：Ashi-no-fureai Tano-no-yu
3-chome, Jozankei Onsen Higashi, Minami-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido 061-2302
・Take Jotetsu Bus from Sapporo Station Bus Terminal for Jozankei Shako-mae and alight at Shiraito-no-taki waterfall. Walk for 3 minutes.
・ Take Donan Bus from Sapporo Station Bus Terminal for Toyako Onsen via Toya Mizu-no-eki and alight at Shiraito-no-taki waterfall.
・ Take Kappa Liner (reservation-only) from Sapporo Station (bus stop No. 12) for Toyohirakyo Onsen and alight at Shiraito-no-taki waterfall.
・ Take a direct bus from New Chitose Airport and alight at Shiraito-no-taki waterfall.
- Minimum number of participants：2 persons
- Language support：English, Japanese
- Included：Canadian canoe, life jacket, insurance, and consumption tax
- Excluded：Expenses not included in the tour
- Items to bring：Towels and extra clothes in case you get wet
- Participation requirements：Aged 3 and older
* Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a guardian or a written consent from the guardian is required.
Adult：13 years and over
Child：6~12 years old
Infant：3~5 years old
* Pregnant women and those with heart disease or severe illness cannot participate.
* Not recommended for participants with back pain.
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Other things to note：
・ The minimum number of participants is 2.
・ Please remove accessories, watches, and valuables to participate in the tour. Please note that the loss or breakage is not compensated.
・ In the case of rain, you can borrow rain gear (free), but please prepare towels and extra clothes.
・ Canoe capacity is 2 to 3 adults.
・ Staff will not ride together on the canoe.
・ There is no restrooms. Please go before the meeting.
・ If the tour is canceled due to a natural disaster or bad weather, you will get a refund of the tour fee or can re-adjust the schedule.
【HEALTH SAFETY MEASURES】・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regular temperature checks for staff
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.