Ice Bathing on a Winter Exploration at Lake Shikotsu
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Chitose, Hokkaido
- Product code: EN-HKD‐5032-50322
Break the ice and jump into the lake if you dare! Are you ready to essentially become a polar bear?
Discover the endless, thrilling ways to enjoy Lake Shikotsu on the cold winter days: bury your friends in the snow, ride on the ice, and float in the icy water! This is perfect for daring people searching for a crazy way to enjoy winter! Looking for an icy winter thrill? Get ready with a special dry suit to protect you from the cold and dive on in.
- Superb view! Lake Shikotsu, chosen as the clearest lake in Japan.
- Peek under the ice, ride on the ice, and dive in the snow.
- Our drysuit protects you against the cold.
- Enjoy a buffet at the neighboring resort hotel.
- Warm up your body in the hot spring after your experience.
1. Meet up
2. Check-in; change clothes
3. Walk to Lake Shikotsu
4. Ice walk experience
5. Return to the facility; change clothes, etc.
6. End of the tour
* Please enjoy the lunch buffet freely within the time frame (11: 30-14: 40) at "Lake Shikotsu Tsuruga Resort Spa Mizu no Uta" next to the experienced facility (about 3 minutes on foot)
* Please use the hot spring bath freely within the time frame (11: 30-14: 15) at "Lake Shikotsu Tsuruga Resort Spa Mizu no Uta" next to the experienced facility (about 3 minutes on foot)
Play in the icy winter wonderland on the ice-covered lake in the deep of winter!
Have a thrilling and impressive experience on Lake Shikotsu with outstanding clearness.
Break the ice and jump into the lake, bury your friends in the snow, ride on the ice, and float on the water; How you enjoy it is up to you.
Our drysuit will keep you dry and ensure that you are able to comfortably enjoy your time!
Lunch buffet and bathing are available at "Shikotsu Lake Tsuruga Resort Spa Mizu no Uta" next to the experienced facility (about 3 minutes on foot).
Enjoy a new style buffet featuring healthy food and free from conventional categories such as Japanese or Western cuisine. Bathe and relax in the Lake Shikotsu hot spring, said to have an effect on making the skin beautiful.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：90 minutes (the Ice Walk experience only)
- Meeting point：Ocean Days (Guest House Shikotsu Kamui)
Banchigai, Shikotsuko Onsen, Chitose-shi, Hokkaido 066-0281
- Access： <By car>
- Language support：Japanese, English
- Included：Guide fee, dry suit, food, gloves, photography during the tour, accident insurance, lunch buffet included in the tour, hot spring bathing fee included in the tour
- Excluded：Parking fee, other expenses not included in the tour
- Items to bring：
・ Clothes to wear under the dry suit
* You will not feel cold as you wear a dry suit.
* Please note that a hooded inner may not be suitable for wearing a dry suit.
<From January to March>
・ Towels, long sleeves or warm tops and bottoms of fleece, sweatshirts or jerseys that are easy to move in, socks over ankles, extra clothes (just in case)
・ Thin warm inner
・ Two ore more adhesive hand warmers (large size)
- Participation requirements：
・ Middle school students and older (aged 13 and over)
・ Minimum 140 centimeters tall.
・ Pregnant women cannot join the tour.
・ If there is any minor participant (younger than 20) in the group, the guardian is asked to sign the consent form on the day of the experience. Please select the number of minors when you book the tour.
・ If only minors join the tour, please download the consent form and bring the document signed by the guardian on the day.
Ｗithoug the document, they will not be able to participate in this course. In that case, the tour fee will not be returned.
- Free Wi-Fi：〇
- Toilet (Western style)：〇
- Other things to note：
・ This tour will be held even on the day of a snowstorm. Please wear clothes suitable for the weather on the day.
・ Photos taken during the experience will be sent by AirDrop to iPhone users and by GigaFile to others.
(Because the photos are taken under an unusual circumstance, the data may be lost in rare cases. Please understand.)
・ You can bring your camera, but we cannot take responsibility for malfunctions caused by accidents on the day. Please use it at your own risk.
・ If the tour is unavoidably canceled due to lack of ice on the lake, etc., we will call the customer as soon as possible.
In that case, a refund is made, or the schedule is changed.
・ The tour may be canceled midway through at the discretion of the instructor. In that case, there will be no refund.
※ It is just for reference. As the time fluctuates depending on road conditions, please leave early.
Parking lot: Shikotsuko Onsen parking lot
Parking fee: 500 yen (free of charge from December to March)
<By local bus>
60 minutes from New Chitose Airport for Lake Shikotsu. Walk for 2 minutes from Lake Shikotsu bus stop.
40 minutes from Chitose Station for Lake Shikotsu. Walk for 2 minutes from Lake Shikotsu bus stop.
1,030 yen from Chitose Airport, 930 yen from Chitose Station
About 7,500 yen from New Chitose Airport
About 6,000 yen from Chitose Station
【CANCELLATION POLICY】7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.