Savor Japanese culture while Cycling on the famous Nakasendo Road
- Varighet: 180 Minutter (ca.)
- Lokasjon: Nakatsugawa-shi, Gifu
- Produktkode: EN-GIF-7138-71380
Uncover the secret treasures hidden in the history of Nakasendo Road in this exciting cycling escapade. During this tour, you will experience various activities rooted in Japanese tradition at historic, Japanese temples around Ochiai-juku. This tour is a must-go for those who love want to learn about Japanese culture while going on a fun, outdoor adventure!
- Explore the historical post towns Magome-juku and Ochiai-juku while learning about Nakasendo Road's rich local history.and enjoying the beauty of your surroundings
- Visit the temples around Ochiai-juku and experience Japanese traditional culture.
- Nature lovers, rejoice! You will be able to bask in Mother Nature's serene tranquility while taking part in cultural activities at local temples in Magome-juku.
- Because you will mainly be going downhill on a mountain bike, even beginner cyclers can have a lot of fun in this tour!
- Take insta-worthy pictures at key spots that aren't easily accessible or even reachable by car. Spots include the beautiful stone pavement of Ochiai Juku and a place that offers a stunning, panoramic view of the Kiso River.
- Learn from highly-skilled local instructors in English!
Meet at Magome-Juku
Tour Safety Explanation and bike adjustments
Cycle to the experience location (45 min to temple or 95 minutes to Nakatsugawa-Juku)
※You may choose one of the following 4 programs to participate in
• Calligraphy at Kofukuji Temple
• Tea Ceremony in Ioji Temple
• Zen Meditation in Zenshoji Temple
• Walking Tour in Nakatsugawa-Juku(This site is near the JR Nakatsugawa station)
Japanese Cultural Experience at temple or walk around Nakatasugawa-Juku
Cycle to Nakatsugawa Station
60 minutes (from temple) or 10 minutes (from Nakatsugawa-Juku)
Note1: *Certain experiences may not be available depending on the schedule, which varies based on the weather and time of year, and the programs are all at different locations. With that being said, whichever program you choose, you will still take part in that program during the cycling tour. Please let us know in advance which program you would like and what days you would like to book the tour. That way, we can better assist you in creating a fun and memorable cycling experience!
First, you will have time to adjust the saddle and height of your bike, and we will then give a safety briefing.
We will then depart from Magome-juku and cycle along Nakasendo to Nakatsugawa-juku.
To begin our Japanese cultural experience, we will first travel from Magome-juku to Ochiai-juku and participate in one of the following: the Zazen experience, tea experience, or calligraphy experience at a temple near Ochiai-juku. Alternatively, you may choose cycling and participate in one of the town walking tours at Nakatsugawa-juku. The zazen experience will take place at Zensho-ji Temple, the calligraphy experience will take place at Kofukuji Temple, the tea ceremony experience will be at Iouji Temple, and the walking tour will be in Nakatsugawa-juku. At each location, you will be able to experience a unique facet of traditional Japanese culture.
The cycling involves a downhill course and runs about 11km. On the way, you can see the stone pavement of Ochiai-juku. a view of the Kiso River, and more spectacular views that can only be seen by bicycle.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：3 hours
- Meeting point：Magomekan Main Building Parking Lot／ Magome４５７１−１,NakatsugawaCity,GIFU
From Nagoya Station take the JR Chuo Main Line to Nakatsugawa Station. Then take the Kitaena Kotsu Bus and get off at Magome. From there it is a 1 minute walk. The journey takes about 110 minutes.
- Language support： Japanese, English
- Included ：Cycling Tour, Helmet, Gloves, Insurance, Cultural Activity at the Temple
Wear comfortable clothes suited for outdoor activities
Food and drink
- Things to bring：Please wear comfortable and outerwear clothes for cycling. Don't wear a skirt.
- Participation requirements：
Participants' height must be between 150 cm and 190 ㎝.
Children older than 13 years can participate if accompanied by an adult.
- Free Wi-Fi：None
- Toilet：◯ (Western-style)
- Other things to note：
・Please wear clothes suitable for cycling.
・Please report your height when you apply to this program to prepare suitable bikes for you.
7 to 4 days in advance: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days in advance: 60% of the tour price
The day before/on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.