Nakasendo Cycling Tour and Bamboo Charcoal Art Workshop
- Duración: 3 Horas (aproximadamente)
- Ubicación: Fuwa-gun, Gifu
- Código de producto: EN-GIF-7145-71450
The town of Tarui is home to Tarui-juku, an old post town on the Nakasendo Road. Being surrounded by nature, you can enjoy cycling while enjoying historic townscape such as Nangu Taisha Shrine.
You will cycle along the riverbed of the Aikawa River, going through the countryside, and explore Nangu Taisha Shrine, filled with spiritual energy.
You can also learn about Chikkatan art from Mr. Kurita, a craftsman who made bamboo charcoal into the original art, and the regional-brand product of Tarui Town. An English-speaking guide accompanies you throughout the plan.
- Cycling through Tarui-juku, a post town on the Nakasendo Road, you can see the famous spring, which has been recited in many Japanese poems
- Enjoy cycling in the countryside where the good old Japanese landscape remains
- Learn about the bamboo charcoal art from Mr. Kurita, the only craftsman in Gifu of Chikkatan, a brand product of Tarui Town
- Appreciate cherry blossoms and carp streamers flying in the sky along the Aikawa River from end March to early April
- Visit and explore Nangu Taisha Shrine, a spiritual site, that may bring you a monetary fortune
Meet up→Tarui Station—Nangu Taisha cycling (15 min.)
→Explore Nangu Taisha Shrine (60 min.)
→Nangu Taisha－Chikkatan art workshop cycling (15 min.)
→Chikkatan art experience (30 min.)
→Break time (30 min.)
→Chikkatan Art—Tarui Station cycling (30 min.)→End
Tarui-juku is one of the old post towns on the Nakasendo Road.
Nakasendo is the mountain-side road of the two main roads connecting Nihonbashi in Edo and Sanjo Ohashi in Kyoto, and Tarui-juku is a post town on the way.
Tarui is surrounded by great nature, where remain many historical townscapes, including Nangu Taisha Shrine. You can enjoy cycling while appreciating the scenery mixed with nature and history from the old days.
You will cycle along the riverbed of the Aikawa River, going through the countryside, and head for Nangu Taisha Shrine, filled with spiritual energy. NanguTaisha Shrine, designated as a national important cultural property, is a shrine with a long history and enshrines a priestly deity called Kanayamahiko-no-mikoto, who is in charge of mines and metals and is said to bring monetary fortune. During the cherry blossom season (late March to early April), you can also enjoy the sight of about 350 carp streamers flying in the sky along the riverbank together with the cherry blossom trees. You will actually make bamboo charcoal art in the workshop of Mr. Kurita, the only Chikkatan art craftsman in Gifu, and then cycle back to the station.
-What is "Chikkatan Art"? -
This work of art combines all kinds of natural materials, such as bamboo, nuts, and lotus seeds around us, which are charcoal-grilled including annual rings and even veins of leaves, and combined on a foundation according to sensitivity. In addition to being used as interior decoration, it also has deodorizing and air-cleaning effects, making it a great travel memory in terms of both appearance and practicality. It has been certified as a "Tarui Brand" by Tarui Town and has been well received.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：3 hours
- Meeting point：JR Tokaido Main Line, Tarui Station North Exit
1682-4,Taruicho, Fuwa-gun, Gifu-ken 503-2125
- Access： It takes 30 minutes from Gifu Station.
Take the JR Tokaido Main Line from Gifu Station and get off at Tarui Station.
Meet up at the North Exit of the Tarui Station.
- Language support：Japanese, English
- Included：Bicycle rental fee, guide fee, bamboo charcoal art experience fee, materials fee
- Excluded：An offer to Nangū Taisha Shrine
- Things to bring：Clothes easy to move in, Hand towel
- Participation requirements：
Height restriction: Aged 12 and over, from 150cm to 190cm tall
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet：◯ (Western-style)
- Other things to note：
・Please wear clothes easy to move in.
・Please bring a hand towel as your hands may get dirty during the bamboo charcoal art experience.
7 to 4 days in advance: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days in advance: 60% of the tour price
The day before/on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.