Decorate Unique Metal Pieces Using the Traditional Owari Cloisonné Technique
- Duration: 100 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Shippou-chou, Aichi
- Product code: EN-AIC-7169-71690
Discover the fascinating world of Owari Shippo (Cloisonné), the world's unique technique for decorating metal art pieces. Choose from our repertory the piece you would like to decorate and spark your creativity by using shinning glaze with vivid and deep colors. At the end of this experience, you will be able to take home your unique Owari Shippo masterpiece.
- Learn how to decorate metal pieces with the world's unique enameling technique, Owari Shippo, called “The Seven Treasures”
- Create fascinating art pieces using vivid and deep colored metals.
- Be astonished by the amazing changes in colors after baking your art pieces.
- Visit the exhibition of unique handcrafted pieces made with the ancient technique of Owari Shippo.
- Learn first-hand how experts in Owari Shippo make their artistic creations.
Please select your start time in the box on the upper right.
[00:00] Observation of the exhibition corner and demonstration corner
[00:30] Instruction of how to make
[00:40] Making Shippo
[01:40-02:40] Receive the finished item
*For the standard 100-minute course, the workshop is limited to 60 minutes.
First, we will visit the exhibition space where artworks made with Owari cloisonne are displayed, and the demonstration area where artisans are making their work. After the Paris Exposition in 1867, the Owari cloisonné was highly regarded worldwide for its skill and elaborateness, and the exhibition space includes works from that period.
After the tour, you can try your hand at making cloisonne. Look at a sample and choose what you want to make. The instructor will show you how to make them, and then you can put glaze with your favorite color on the metal base. Once the glaze is on, let the staff take care of it. It is put into the oven and baked. After the work is taken out of the oven, the color changes moment by moment, so please take a look! Once the work has cooled, your one and only creation in the world is complete!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：100 minutes
- Meeting point：SHIPPO ART VILLAGE [MAP]
2000 Toshima Jusanwari, Shippo-cho, Ama-shi, Aichi-ken
Take Meitetsu Line From Nagoya Station and alight at Sippo Station.
It takes 5 to 10 minutes by car from the station.
- Language support：Explanatory materials in English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Korean are available
・A gift (accessory) made by the craftsman
- Exclude：Travel expenses
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet：〇 (Western-style)
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.