Hand-Hammering Copper Accessory Workshop
From JPY ¥3,650.00
- Duration: 50 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Tsubame, Niigata
- Product code: EN-NGT-7157-71570
【OUTLINE】You can make your own accesory with the techniques of hammering copperware, which has a long history and has been handed down from generation to generation.
- Learn the basics of tsuiki, a unique metalworking technique
- Experience the techniques that tsuiki copperware artisans have been using for generations
- Develop the skills to create patterns on copper plates with hammers and other tools
- Make a one-in-the-world accessory—your hammering and designing skills determine the outcome
- Includes a rare opportunity for face-to-face instruction
- Shop for unique local products in adjacent shops
【SCHEDULE】(1) 10:00 - 10:10 Defining the shape of the accessories to be made and explaining the overall flow of the process
(2) 10:10 - 10:20 Demonstration of how to make hammered patterns
(3) 10:20 - 10:50 Actual production
(4)10:50 - 11:00 Dismissal and free tour of the shop
The instructors are proud of the skills and techniques that local craftspeople developed, especially those of the tsuiki copperware artists. Workshop leaders provide personalized instruction and guidance to give guests an insight into the creation of crafts in Tsubame. You’ll see examples of accessories that you can create with copper. After making your choice, you’ll receive all the tools and instruction necessary to create an individualized souvenir of your trip.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：50 minutes
- Meeting point : Mgnet Co., Ltd.
14-3 Higashiota, Tsubame, Niigata 959-1289
- Access :
■ In the case of a car
15 minutes by taxi from Tsubamesanjo Station.
■ By public transportation
TsubameSanjo Station→Nishi Tsubame Station on the JR Yahiko Line
10 minutes walk from the station.
- Language support：Japanese
- Included：Experience fee, material cost
- Excluded：Interpreter-guide(Optionally available)
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet：〇 (Western style)
- Other things to note：High heels are prohibited.
【CANCELLATION POLICY】7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.