Enjoy "Japan's agricultural heritage" on a one-day tour in Yamakoshi
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nagaoka, Niigata
- Product code: EN-NGT-7158-71582
In this guided taxi tour, you can enjoy not only land and culture but also communicating with locals in Nagaoka where Nishiki-goi are bred.
- Enjoy warm interactions with the local people.
- You can enjoy the scenery that remains a sacred place for Nishikigoi.
- Guided sightseeing taxi service
- Take photos while interacting with carp in the outdoor garden.
- Cycling through terraced rice paddies, carp ponds, and villages.
JPY 39,650 ～ JPY106,600（Tax Included）
From your home or the last staying place・・・〈Individual Payment〉・・・10:15-10:45 Depart from Nagaoka Station・・・〈Transferring by Taxi. The fee is included〉・・・10:45-12:30 Visit to Nishikigoi no Sato (Koi museum) ・・・〈Transferring by Taxi. The fee is included〉・・・12:30-16:00 Start Yamakoshi Cycling (Lunch is prepared)・・・〈Transferring by bicycle. The fee is included〉・・・16:00 Meet up at Orataru・・・〈Transferring by Taxi. The fee is included〉・・・16:00-16:30 End at Nagaoka Station・・・〈Individual Payment〉・・・ To your home or the next destination
Ojiya and Nagaoka, the birthplace of Nishikigoi, are also called "sacred places of Nishikigoi". The scenery of the terraced paddy fields and the terraced pond has been selected as a Japanese agricultural heritage and still retains the beautiful, original scenery of Japan. This tour is recommended for those who want to experience the climate of Nagaoka where Nishikigoi are brought up and who are interested in interacting with the local people there. A guided sightseeing taxi will take you there. Nishikigoi no Sato is a facility where you can touch Nishikigoi, hear about their history, and learn how to raise them from scratch. In addition to instructional materials in English, there are videos in English. After lunch, we will cycle to "Yakushi no Mausoleum" where you can see the terraced rice paddies, Koi pond and village, and get a sense of Yamakoshi life. This is a road bike-type electrically power assisted bike, so you can enjoy it on hills with confidence.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：7 hours
- Least participants：1
- Meeting point：JR Nagaoka Station [MAP]
In front of the Shinkansen ticket gate at Nagaoka Station
2-7 Jyonai-cho, Nagaoka city, Niigata 940-0061
- Access：From Tokyo: Get on Joetsu-Shinkansen bound for Niigata and leave the train at Nagaoka Station.
- Tour conductor for 24 hours：None
- Accompanying National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter or Local Licensed Guide Interpreter：Available
- Language support：English, Japanese
- Meals (included in a tour fee)：（Breakfast：0, Lunch：1, Dinner：0）
- Included ：English speaking guide, 1 day limousine taxi, lunch, an electric bike for rent
- Excluded：Breakfast, dinner
- Free Wi-Fi：〇
- Toilet：〇 (Western style)
- Other things to note：This tour is ususally scheduled from March to December. However it may be curtailed due to snow.
- Operating company：Yamakoshi Reconstruction Cultural Exchange Center
【TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS】
Before booking the tour, please confirm the Tour Terms & Conditions and save the document.
【TOUR PLANNNER AND CONDUCTER】
Regional Branding Institute Co.,Ltd.
Aqua Terrace UⅡ bldg. 8F, 2-20-3 Kaminarimon, Taiko-ku, Tokyo, 111-0034
Travel Agency registered with a Tokyo Governor 2-7547
A regular member of All Nippon Travel Agents Association
10 to 8 days before the departure date of the tour 20%
7 to 2 days before the departure date of the tour 30%
The day before the departure date of the tour 40%
On the day of the departure date of the tour 50%
After the tour departed, No show 100%