Visit the Unexplored Regions of Lake Chuzenji--Scenic Trekking and Rafting Tour
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Nikko-shi, Tochigi
- Product code: EN-TCG-7188-71882
Discover the hidden beauty and nature of Japan! This is a scenic tour where you can enjoy the unexplored areas of Lake Chuzenji from land and water using a compact, portable rubber boat called a "pack raft."
- Walk on foot to Lake Chuzenji's south coast, a place seldom explored by tourists and home to some of the region's most beautiful scenery.
- Our single-seater pack raft boats are incredibly user-friendly, meaning anyone may confidently enjoy Lake Chuzenji.
- Along the way, you will experience the history of Lake Chuzenji, including the memorial park for the British/Italian Embassy villa.
- And if you are lucky, you may encounter some of the wildlife in the area!
12:00pm: After gathering at Tobu Nikko Station, drive to the office
12:15pm: Reception / Change clothes
12:30pm: Drive by car to Utagahama parking lot
1:30pm: Trek to the south shore of Lake Chuzenji
2:30pm: Rest / Preparation for cruising
3:00pm: Cruise in Pack Raft (the south shore of Lake Chuzenji→the memorial park for the British / Italian Embassy villa→Utagahama parking lot)
4:00pm: Depart after changing clothes
5:15pm: Drive by car to Tobu Nikko Station and end
This is a scenic tour where you can enjoy the unexplored areas of Lake Chuzenji from land and water using a compact, portable rubber boat called a "pack raft."
At first, we will trek to the south coast of Lake Chuzenji where you can enjoy scenic views from the lakeside.
After a break, we will begin rowing over the lake using pack rafts. Rest assured that we will carefully lecture everyone on how to row properly. We will then go to pass in front of the memorial park for the British/Italian Embassy villa.
After rowing back to Utagahama, we will change back into our clothes and pass by hotels to and from Lake Chuzenji. The tour officially ends at Tobu Nikko Station.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：5 hours
- Meeting point：Tobu Nikko Station
4-3 Matsubara-cho, Nikko City, Tochigi Prefecture 321-1406
*OnePlay-it's pack raft tour staff will come to meet you. Please wait at the station exit.
*Hotels near Lake Chuzenji are also available as meeting places. In that case, please contact us. "
- Access：About 2 hours by limited express train from Asakusa Station to Tobu Nikko Station
- Language support：Japanese, English (limited speaking ability)
- Included：Experience fee, equipment rental, insurance
- Things to bring：
Top: T-shirts, rooftops and jackets that can be wetted, and wind and cold-proof jackets depending on the season.
Underwear: shorts, bathing suits, long pants and leggings that are easy to move in even when wet, etc.
Water will drip from the paddles. Please wear clothes that are supposed to get your buttocks and feet wet.
Wetsuits are available for rent depending on the season and temperature.
Sneakers or sandals that allow you to walk on a flat road for about an hour and still get wet, or sandals that hold the heel in place
(You can change into sneakers or sandals during trekking or packrafting.)
○Change of clothes
○Others (*as needed)
Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, medication
Basically, we will provide a 40L backpack with packraft in it as it gets wet.
Please put your own warm clothes and drinks in the empty space.
*If you want to bring your own sack that can get wet, please bring it with you, we recommend more than 35-40 liters.
- Participation requirements：Over 6 years old
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Toilet：Western style available
*There are no toilets from the departure of the tour.
- Other things to note：
・We will do our best to let you know if the tour is cancelled by 7 pm on the day before your tour. However, in the case of bad weather, we may have to cancel on the day of.
・Please understand that we must work with the weather.
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.