Thrilling E-Bike Tour of Nagano
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Chino-shi, Nagano
- Product code: EN-NGN-7193-71931
Ride a bike through the wilderness!
Japan's first cycling tour using a popular Danish electric bicycles "MATE BIKE".
Besides the high-performance assist function allowing you to ride smoothly uphill and off-road, the stylish Scandinavian design will also feed you motivation!
Cycle on the paths or downhill with the Japan's one of finest mountain sceneries!
- Start the tour with a safe ride along the lakeside bike path to get used to the e-bike's controls.
- Drink the natural water from the lake coming from 200 metres below the ground. Take your own bottle with you on tour if you have one!
- Enjoy a pleasant cycling experience while feeling the highland breezes and mountain views. Our bikes make it easy to ride up even steep hills which looks impossible to climb!
- A downhill section will take you all the way down the Venus Line! Feel like your on a rollercoaster thrill ride that's sure to refresh you!
- Take the bike path through the forest. A spectacular view awaits you.
Choose from two start times, 9:50 or 12:50.
[09:50 / 12:50] Registration at the reception. Briefing and filling in the agreement.
[10:00 / 13:00] Check equipment such as a helmet. Training for riding a bike, and learning hand signs for touring in groups.
[10:20 / 13:30] Start touring on the lakeside road. Fill your bottle with natural water from Lake Shirakaba and enjoy the tour to Venus Line.
[10:45 / 13:45] Arrival at Lake Shirakaba Observatory, the viewpoint of the tour. This is the perfect point to view Mt. Tateshina, and you can also enjoy a view of Lake Shirakaba, the starting point of the tour.
A nice souvenir photo will be taken.
[11:15 / 14:15] Ride through the forest, and the tour will reach Yashigamine Park, another fine view of Shirakaba Lake. The view of Lake Shirakaba, Mt. Tateshina and the Mt. Yatsugatake foothills from the observation deck, which is a short hike away, is spectacular.
[11:50 / 14:50] The tour disbands upon arrival at the reception.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：2 hours
- Meeting point：Hygge Shirakaba [MAP]
3419-75, Kitayama, Chino-shi, Nagano 391-0301
45minutes from Suwa Interchange or Suwa Minami Interchange of Chuo Expressway
45minutes from Saku Minami Interchange of Kanetsu-Joshin Expressway
【By train / Bus】
(1) Get off at Chino Station of JR Chuo Line.
(2) Take a local bus bound for Kurumayama Kougen on the Shirakabako, Kurumayama Kougen, Kirigamine Line at platform No. 3 at the west exit of Chino Station.
(3) Get off at the Tonyagawa bus stop.
- Language support：Japanese, English
- Included ：
・Equipment such as helmets
・e-bike rental fee
- Items to bring：
・ Seasonal clothes that are easy to move in (windbreakers, quick-drying shirts, stretchable pants, etc. are recommended)
・ Hat, towel, sunscreen (for those who need it)
・ Water bottle (We will fill it with natural water during the tour)
・ Camera or mobile phone
- Participation requirements ：
・People who can ride a bike.
・Those who are over 150 cm tall and are junior high school students or older.
・Junior high and high school students must be accompanied by a guardian.
・ There is public transportation nearby.
・ If you have back pain, we do not recommend participation.
・ Pregnant women cannot participate.
・ If you have a serious heart condition, we do not recommend participation.
・ There is a luggage storage service.
- Free Wi-Fi ：〇
- Other things to note：
・The registration begins in 5 minutes before the tour starts. Please be sure to reach the meeting point with plenty of time. Transportation services might be crowded during peak seasons and national holidays. No show without any contact beforehand will result in cancellation.
・We will inform you of any cancellations due to inclement weather or other disasters. Otherwise the tour will start on time.
・ Feel free to contact us to reschedule the time or the date of tour due to rain.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.