Use Premium Shark Skin and Traditional Lacquer to Craft a Masu Cup near Inuyama Castle
- Duração: 3 Horas (Aproximadamente)
- Localização: Inuyama-shi, Aichi
- Código de produto: EN-AIC-7203-72032
Aichi Prefecture has the largest number of temples and shrines in Japan. Would you like to feel the splendor of genuine artisanship in Aichi Prefecture? In this workshop, you can learn about history, culture, and the spirituality of Buddhism by while enjoying handicraft.
- By learning about Buddhist altars and lacquer, you may be able to see a new side of Inuyama City.
- The artisan who painted the toilet bowl in the washroom of Nagoya Castle Honmaru Palace will teach you directly!
- When the special Masu made of shark skin is sharpened, a glittering pattern appears like a starry sky.
- Let’s try making your own original box.
[10:00] First, let's learn about the history and culture of Buddhist altars and lacquer.
[10:10] We will introduce the lacquer work Yokoi accessory collection and tools. Please touch it and feel for yourself the real artisanship.
[10:25] We will briefly explain the flow of the experience.
[10:40] Make a masu. As you sharpen it, the pattern will appear like glitter. Your own original masu will be completed.
《30 mins break during the program with Japanese sweets and tea 》
[13:00] The progrm finishes. You can take your finished work home with you.
Owari Buddhist Altar is a type of craft that has been produced mainly in Nagoya City, Aichi Prefecture since the early 17th century. Using high-quality wood from the suburbs of Owari as a material, we have developed this craft as a low-ranking samurai job.
Because Owari Buddhist Altars are made with division of labor by the craftman in each manufacturing process, the high speciality of each craftman is characteristic.
Why don't you talk with artisans and experience the genuine traditional techniques that are inherited, and see how colorful and precise Owari Buddhist altars are made?
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：3 hours
- Meeting point：YOKOI [MAP]
8 Higashibabasaki, Inuyama, Inuyama-city, Aichi 484-0081
- Access：15 minutes walk from Meitetsu Nagoya Main Line Inuyama Station (about 30 minutes from Nagoya Station)
- Language support：Japanese, English (English instructions)
- Included ：Experience fee
- Excluded：English-speaking guide, French-speaking guide (additional fees apply)
- Participation requirements ：
・You can walk or take a cab from the station to the meeting point.
・Over 6 years old
・Wheelchairs are accessible.
・Strollers are accessible.
・An Infant seat is available.
・Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
・Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
・Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Special support：Luggage storage is available.
- Free Wi-Fi ：Yes
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.