Asakusa Anime Pilgrimage Tour Guided by Asakusa Houkan
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Taito-ku, Tokyo
- Product code: EN-TKO-1069-10692
A Houkan is a male geisha who livens up the show (there are also female guests), and currently there are only six Houkans left in the whole country, all in Asakusa. They will guide you to the unknown part of Asakusa with humorous talks. then will take you to the hottest anime sanctuary as well as explaining how Asakusa used to be.
- A valuable experience of a guide tour by Houkan, a male geisha only 6 left in Japan.
- You will visit the popular anime spots!
- Get a rice cracker from Asakusa Kineya as a souvenir!
- Children are also welcomed!
1. We will meet up at the observation terrace overlooking Asakusa and disinfect with alcohol and take body temperature.
The guide, Houkan, will introduce himself and guide the course.
2. When walking around Asakusa with the Houkan guide, you will visit maniac spots such as the popular anime sanctuary, Asakusa Hanamachi
<Example of drop-in spots>
・ Nakamise (What is the origin of the name and the face of the night?)
・ Sensoji Hall (spots related to Houkan)
・ Rokuku (why has the area become the center of entertainment?)
・ Ryounkaku site (also appeared in popular anime!)
・ Hanayashiki (Born in the Edo period (17-19th century)! What was it like in those days?)
・ Asakusa Hanamachi (What is Asakusa's geisha culture?)
3. Dismissed at Sensoji Temple
This is a town walking tour guided by Houkan, whom you can usually meet only at zashiki (traditional Japanese style) entertainment. Houkans will guide you everywhere in Asakusa from popular tourist spots to hidden anime spots. You can learn from their unique perspective, This is a 2 hour walking tour, easy enough for school children. Any kind of groups from families to friends are welcome! Let's enjoy walking around Asakusa together!
【Things to note】
- Meeting point：Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center 8th floor observation terrace
2-18-9 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo 111-0034
1 minute walk from Exit 2 of Asakusa Station on the Tokyo Metro Ginza Line, Toei Asakusa Line, and Tobu Line
- Language support：Japanese
- Included：Guide fee, 1 bag of snacks
- Excluded：Shopping fee in Asakusa, English interpreter (optional)
- Items to bring：Drinks, towels, masks
- Participation requirements：6 years and over
- Free WI-FI：None
- Toilet：Available (Western Style)
- Other things to note：
・ Because we will walk for an hour and a half to two hours, please come in comfortable clothes and shoes. Please take measures against the cold in winter and measures against the heat in summer.
・ The course is basically 90 minutes, but it may take 90 minutes or more depending on the walking speed of the participants. You can leave on your own during the tour, but please note that refunds are not possible.
・ Children under the age of 18 will be accompanied by a guardian.
・ If the event cannot be implemented due to weather or disaster, etc., we will contact you by email the day before.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Contactless ticket redemption
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.