Visit a Tea Farm and Make Your Original Blended Tea
- Duration: 70 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Shimada-shi, Shizuoka
- Product code: EN-SZK-7212-72120
Calling all tea lovers! Learn more about the drink that comes second to only water in Japan! Tour around a tea farm and factory to gain intricate knowledge about different kinds of popular tea in Japan. After visiting the factory, you will have the opportunity to taste and compare various teas and create your own tea blend to suit your personal palate.
- From cultivation to production, all tea leaves used are from our farm.
- These tea leaves are of the highest class quality and cherished by our veteran tea master.
- Make your own blended tea to suit your palate after you learn about the differences between various tea leaves.
- Enjoy the look and feel of the tea leaves flavor.
- Not only will you create your own tea, but you can learn a lot of tea trivia too!
[00:00] Take a look around the tea farm.
[00:15] Then take a look around the inside of the factory.
[00:35] Briefing and instruction, then tea tasting.
[00:50] At last, let's experience blending our own tea!
Visit Japan’s hub for green tea, Shizuoka, which had the very first seeds planted in the 13th century. Tour around the huge winding fields of green tea and learn about the tea-making process by exploring the factory.
After learning about Japan’s history and love affair with tea, indulge your tea senses by smelling and tasting different types. Choose your favorites to create your own special tea blend to suit your personal palate. Finally, select a beautiful Japanese tea canister from several designs that can be used over and over again.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：70 minutes
- Meeting point：Marutou Farm Co., Ltd.
3461-6 Kanayashishidoi, Shimada-shi, Shizuoka 428-0039
6 minutes by car from Kanaya Station, JR Tokaido line (Around 1,100 yen by taxi. Prices are subject to change.)
30 minutes on foot from Kanaya Station
15 minutes by car from Shimadakanaya IC, Shin-tomei highway
7 minutes by car from Sagaramakinohara IC, Tomei highway
- Language support：Japanese
- Included：Participation fee, Washi-can (Japanese tea canister)
- Participation requirements：
・Wheelchairs are accessible.
・Wheelchairs are accessible for all transportation.
・Wheelchairs are accessible for all surfaces (no uneven terrain, stairs, etc.).
・Strollers are accessible.
・Travelers can easily arrive/depart on public transportation.
・Infants are required to sit on laps.
- Free Wi-Fi：No
- Toilet：Yes (Western-style)
- Special support：Luggage storage is available.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
・Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
・Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.