Embrace the Art and Local Cuisine on Teshima Island
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Takamatsu-shi, Kagawa
- Product code: EN-KGW-7223-72230
At the local cafe "Shima (Island) Kitchen", you will have the chance to interact with the local people and enjoy local food made with ingredients from the island. This is an ideal 1-day tour to enjoy the charm of the island.
- Enjoy delicious locally grown food and interactions with the residents of the island. Gifts such as a seasonal fruit is included.
- This one-day island tour allows you to enjoy the charm of Teshima that no one knows from an experience guide who know all about the island.
- Lunch at "Shima Kitchen" run by local people using full of local ingredients.
*The following ferry schedule is subject to change depending on season.
[9:00∼11:00] Gather at Takamatsu Port or Gather at Ieura Port on Teshima
Visit the first local farm 30 mins
Shimizu Reisen・Particles in the air （Outdoor artwork 15mins）
Visit the second local farm 30mins
Shima Kitchen（Lunch 50 mins）
Visit the third local farm 30mins
Teshima Marche（Shopping 25 mins）
[15:00~17:00] Disband at Ieura Port on Teshima
Enjoy the rental bike round trip of the island and experiencing food culture by tasting the island's fresh ingredients and visiting farmers who produce them on a rental bicycle. Visit 2-3 island farmers.
You can also enjoy the wonderful natural scenery and artworks of Teshima.
Lunch is at cafe Shima Kitchen in Teshima.
Enjoy lunch made with with food produced by farmers you visited. (With seasonal drinks). You will have the chance to sample food with the local vegetable and seafood caught at the neerby sea.
Also try delicious water at Shimizu Reisen, a local spring whic has been used by the local over the generations. (*Please bring your own bottle.)
* Shima Kitchen
Shima Kitchen is a meeting place that connects people with "food and art" designed and regenerated by architect Ryo Abe at the Setouchi Triennale 2010, a vacant house in a village in Teshima. Under the advice of the chef of the Marunouchi Hotel in Tokyo, we are waiting for you with the smiles of Teshima's mothers and the original menu using Teshima's rich ingredients.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：about 5 hours
- Meeting point：Takamatsu Port
8-1 Sun Port, Takamatsu-shi, Kagawa 760-0019
Osaka to Takamatu by train: Shin-Osaka sta - Okayama - Takamatsu, 120 mins by JR trains
Takamatsu station to Takamatsu Port, 7 mins on foot.
- Language support：：Japanese, English
- Included：Rental bike, guide and its expenses, lunch with a drink, souveniors from the local production
- Excluded：Speed boat fee (Takamatsu Port - Ieura Port on Teshima)
- Items to bring：Your own bottle (to drink water while riding a bike).
- Clothes : Please join the tour wearing appropriate clothes and shoes for the outdoor activities.
- Participation requirements：Those who can move in the rental bike
- Free Wi-Fi：No
- Toilet：Yes (Western-style)
- Other things to note：
・Since the tour includes a bike ride, please refrain from joining the tour unless you have physical strength.
・Please, bring your own reusable water bottle so that you can drink your own drink as well as water from Teshima.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
・Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.