Beginners Snow Trekking: Enjoy the Great Outdoors of Tsubo-Niwa!
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Chino-city, Nagano
- Product code: EN-NGN-7194-71944
Let's enjoy snow trekking through Tsuboniwa to a beautiful lava plateau. You can enjoy the silver world as far as the eye can see, including diamond dust where the moisture in the air has been frozen by the cold, and the scene where the Shirabiso and Osirabiso forests are transformed by snow and ice. Have an inspiring time playing in the snow and having a snowball fight!
- Beginners can enjoy snowshoeing with ease.
- Enjoy the great nature as far as the eye can see, such as icy trees, snow fields, and white birch forests.
- Walking and lying down on the fluffy fresh snow can be enjoyed by both children and adults.
- Find rabbit and antelope tracks, as well as the bed of a Japanese deer.
[11:00] Gather and confirm participants.
Take your temperature and listen to a lecture on how to use snowshoes.
Once you are ready, take the ropeway to the summit station.
[11:30] Put on your snowshoes and start snow trekking toward Mugiso Pass!
Enjoy walking on the fresh snow and playing in the snow.
Take a break at a spot where we can see the three major Japanese Alps.
[13:00] After finishing the trekking, return to Sanchoekimae station and take the ropeway down to the foot of the mountain.
From the ropeway, you will have a beautiful view of the Yatsugatake mountain range, Mount Tateshina, Kurumayama, Kirigamine, and other mountains.
When we arrive at Sanroku Station, we will break up to go home.
The first part of the trek is on a flat path. We will pass through a forest of birch trees and take a short break when we reach a spot where we can see the three largest Alps in Japan. After taking a break, we will climb up the freshly snow-covered mountain trail leading to Shimagare Mountain. Along the way, you will find various animal footprints and even the bed of a Japanese deer. As you descend from the top of the hill in the fresh snow towards Tsuboniwa, you can dive or lie down on the snow and enjoy the real thrill of snowshoeing!
The view from the ropeway is also beautiful. You can see the Yatsugatake mountain range, Mount Tateshina, Kurumayama, and Kirigamine in front of you, and below you can see the snow-covered coniferous forest and skiers sliding down the slopes.
Enjoy the contrast between the blue of the sky and the white of the snow!
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：2.5 hours
- Meeting point：\
Kitayatsugatake Ropeway, Sky Restaurant Komakusa-tei on the 2nd floor of Sanroku Station
(Tateshina Kitayama, Chino City, Nagano Prefecture 391-0301)
<Access to Kitayatsugatake Ropeway (down)>
■ If you come by car
About 25km (45 min) from Suwa IC on the Chuo Expressway.
* For large vehicles such as buses, it takes about 60min (more in case of heavy traffic).
* In winter, tire-chains are essential. Especially at the entrance of Pilatus, where there is a steep slope. Please drive safely.
■ If you come by local bus
Get off at Chino Station on the JR East Chuo Train Line.
Go to the West Exit, and board on the Alpico Kotsu Bus at Stop No. 2, bound for "Kitayatsugatake Ropeway" (about 60 min ride)
- Language support：Japanese, English
- Included：Guide fee, insurance
- Excluded：Rental fee (snowshoe and stock set: 2,500 yen, winter shoes: 1,000 yen (if you wish)), ropeway transportation, small change (summit station toilet: 100 yen)
- Items to bring：lunch, drink, rations, towel, camera,￥100 coins (for toilets), Snack
- Clothes：Dress in activewear clothes and comfortable shoes.
Please wear warm clothing such as ski wear, gloves, hat, and thick socks (recommended for trekking or skiing).
Goggles or sunglasses are recommended.
Waterproof mountaineering shoes or snow boots are recommended.
- Participation requirements：
・Over 10 years old
・Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
・Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
・Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Free WI-FI：Yes
- Toilet (Western-style) ：Yes
- Other things to note：This is a winter-only plan (held only from Jan. 1 to Mar. 15). Depends on snow conditions.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Face masks provided for travelers as needed
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.