【April to November】Kayak Tour with Nature of Water source protection area
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Fukushima-shi, Fukushima
- Product code: EN-FKS-7225-72250
A kayaking (canoe) tour with a guide through the beautiful waters of the Surigamigawa Dam (also known as Lake Moniwa).
- Check out the seasonal scenery of the water source preservation area.
- View the source of 'Fukushima no Mizu', a brand that has won the Monde Selection for three consecutive years.
- An instructor will provide detailed support for beginners!
- The lake is very calm, so you can kayak in peace.
[09:20/12:50] Gather at Nashihira Park, Surigamigawa Dam
[09:30/13:00] Preparatory exercises, preliminary training
[09:50/13:20] Kayak touring
[11:15/14:45] Tour ends
【DETAILS】This is a guided kayak tour through the calm waters of the Surigamigawa Dam in Iizaka-cho, Fukushima City, a famous water source preservation area. No motorboats are allowed on this dam lake, so you can enjoy a quiet and immersive experience of the seasonal changes of nature from early spring to autumn.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：2 hours
- Meeting point：
Surigami River Dam Nashira Park [MAP]
Moniwa Shishiuchi,Iizaka-machi,Fukushima-shi 960-0271
- Access：30 minutes by car from the Fukushima-Iizaka IC on the Tohoku Expressway.
- Language support：Japanese
- Included：Insurance fee, training fee, the rental fee for kayak, paddle, and life jacket
- Excluded：Cleaning fee for stains on clothes during the tour, damage caused by theft of baggage valuables, damage caused by submerged electronic devices.
- Clothes：Hat, top and bottom rainwear, windbreaker (light rain or spring/fall season)
- Items to bring：Beverages, sunglasses, towels, sunscreen
- Participation requirements：
・Children 10-years of age or older
*Children 9-years of age or younger can participate by riding with a parent or guardian in a 2~3 person kayak.
・Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
・Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Free WI-FI：No
- Toilet：Yes (Japanese-style）
- Other things to note：
This service is only available from April to November.
*Life jackets must be worn at all times.
*A parent or guardian's signature is required for children under 18 to participate.
*Please note that the tour may be canceled or rescheduled if weather conditions are deemed too dangerous due to rain, wind, or wind speed of 4m or higher.
*If the tour is canceled due to weather conditions, it will be rescheduled or the fee will be refunded in full (we cannot cover the cost of transportation to the site).
*If the customer should cancel the tour, a cancellation fee will be charged.
*If you wish to cancel, please contact us immediately.
・For more details, please visit the official website below.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Regular temperature checks for staff
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.