Explore Remote Islands in Matsushima Bay with a Local Guide and Chartered Boat
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Matsushima-machi, Miyagi
- Product code: EN-MYG-7103-71034
Explore the remote islands of Urato and Nonoshima in Matsushima Bay by chartered boat.
- The Urado Islands in Matsushima Bay are one of the three most scenic spots in Japan.
- Enjoy an unforgettable day on a private boat.
- Guided tours to special places not found in guidebooks
20,000 yen - 27,050 yen (tax included)
[10:00] Meet up and board the boat.
[10:10] Transfer from Matsushima Sightseeing Pier to Kanpuzawa Pier by boat
[10:30] We will visit the following locations:
(1) The monument to the shipbuilding, Hiyoriyama (Binding Jizo, Zodiac Corner Stone)
(2) Ruins of a fort, Shinmeisha Shrine, and Maehama before taking a break (with meditation)
(3) Kanpuizawa Stay Station, Rokujizo, Shorinji Temple (Enmeijizo, Okeshojizo)
[12:30] Eat local cuisine at a guest house on the island.
(Only available upon request)
[13:40] Ride from Kanpozawa Pier to Nonoshima Pier by boat.
[14:00] Nonoshima Pier, Unai Beach (where we'll take a break), Gakko Beach, Camellia Old Road, Jizo, Kumano Shrine
[15:00] Take a boat from Nonoshima Pier to Kanko Pier where the tour will end.
Board a chartered boat from the ferry terminal in Matsushima and tour the remote Urato Islands. We will visit the first island, Kanpuzawa, to explore its history and scenic spots, and eat the local cuisine at a guest house. Afterward, there will be a private boat tour to the second island, Nonoshima Island, with a local guide.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：5 hours
- Minimum number of participants：4 persons
- Meeting point：Marubun Matsushima Kisen (No.2 counter) at Matsushima Kaigan Rest House [MAP]
98-1 Matsushima-chonai, Matsushima-machi, Miyagi-gun, Miyagi-ken
No.2, Matsushima Kaigan Rest House
By car: 10 minutes from Matsushima Kaigan IC
By train: 7 minutes from Matsushima Kaigan Station on JR Senseki Line
- Tour conductor for 24 hours：No
- Accompanying National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter or Local Licensed Guide Interpreter：No
- Language support：Japanese, English（*）, Chinese（*）, Korean（*） *Audio guide
- Meals (included in a tour fee)：No
- Included：Boat fee and guide fee
- Excluded：Lunch (from 2000 yen)
*Only available upon request. For those who do not wish to have lunch, the tour will end one hour earlier than the aforementioned schedule.
- Participation requirements：
・Available to ages: 7 years old or older
・Ages that can participate without paying a fee: None. Consultation required for those under 7.
・Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
・Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
・Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Free Wi-Fi：No
- Toilet： Yes (Western-style)
- Other things to note：
・There is a possibility that the tour will be canceled on the day of the tour due to inclement weather. In that case, we will refund your money.
・Please note that we do not have insurance in case of injury, but our guides have taken first aid courses and have first aid kits with them.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
【TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS】
Before booking the tour, please confirm the Tour Terms & Conditions and save the document.Check [TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS] (Japanese）
【TOUR PLANNER AND CONDUCTOR】
Regional Branding Institute Co., Ltd.
Aqua Terrace UⅡ Bldg. 8F, 2-20-3 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0034
Travel Agency registered with a Tokyo Governor 2-7547
A regular member of All Nippon Travel Agents Association
10 to 8 days before the departure date of the tour 20%
7 to 2 days before the departure date of the tour 30%
The day before the departure date of the tour 40%
On the day of the departure date of the tour 50%
After the tour departed, No show 100%