Spiritual Waterfall Meditation & Forest Sauna Experience
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Toba-shi, Mie
- Product code: EN-MIE-7211-72111
【OUTLINE】Deep in the forest of Shirataki, where monks once practiced asceticism, is the only place in Ise-Shima where you can experience waterfall meditation. This is a popular spot visited by 1,300 people even though the country was going through the COVID-19 pandemic. The rigorous experience amid nature is very easy to join and has recently gained popularity among young people. After purifying your body and soul with waterfall meditation, warm-up and relax your stiff muscles in a tent sauna in the forest. Feel free to enjoy this private space in the forest all by yourself.
- In the forest of Shirataki, where monks once practiced asceticism, is the only place in Ise-Shima where you can experience waterfall meditation.
- The tent sauna is reserved for one group, and guests do not need any other equipment (swimsuits are required).
- Enjoy this private space in the forest all by yourself.
【SCHEDULE】This experience starts at 9:00/12:00/15:00.
[00:00]Registration will take place in front of Morinochaya Shirataki
[00:05] A guide will take visitors to Shirataki Waterfall.
[00:15] Guests will then change clothes and start the waterfall meditation ceremony.
[00:30] (Guests with a swimsuit will then change for the) Sauna experience
[02:30] After changing clothes, guests will receive a certificate of completion for their meditation and a charm.
[03:00] Experience ends.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration： 3 hours
- Meeting point：In front of Morinochaya Shirataki [MAP]
635-3 Funatsu-cho, Toba City, Mie Prefecture, Japan 517-0045
・15 minutes from Toba IC of Ise Expressway
・15 minute walk from Kintetsu Funatsu Station
- Language support：Japanese, English（written instructions）
- Included：Hachimaki, loincloth (men only), tent sauna, firewood, aromatic oil, insurance
- Excluded：Avail. For Rental: Bath towels, sauna ponchos, chairs for outdoor bathing space, tents, jinbei (women only)
- Items to bring：Women must bring swimwear for the sauna and innerwear for the meditation experience.
- Free WI-FI：No
- Toilet：Yes (western-style)
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers as needed
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Contactless ticket redemption
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.