Spiritual E-Bike Tour of Mount Kai Komagatake: Mountain Worship History
- Duration: 390 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Hokuto-shi, Yamanashi
- Product code: EN-YMN-7213-72133
Ride an e-bike tour around the foothills of Mount Kai Komagatake, where fresh water is nurtured. Enjoy a day of refreshment while experiencing the history of mountain worship.
- Visit two Shinto shrines, Yokote Komagatake Shrine and Chikuu Komagatake Shrine, both in the village of Kai Komagatake, a mountain as an object of worship.
- Travel through beautiful countryside with wonderful views of the mountains.
- Take a walk to the emerald green "Senga-fuchi” at the Oshirakawa River Valley, which has been selected as one of the best 100 waters in Japan.
[9:40] Meet at Agrieable MUKAWA, introduction of the course, briefing of the bike and a test ride.
[10:40] Visit Yokote Komagatake Shrine and have a lecture from the priest about the mountain climbing for worship.
[12:10] Lunch break at the restaurant Ojirano Mori Meisui Park Verga.
[13:20] Park your e-bike at Hakushu Kanko Ojirokawa Gorge Camping Site and walk to the camping ground next to the clear stream.
[13:30] Visit Takeu Komagatake Shrine where many sacred monuments and the Dragon Shrine are enshrined, and taste the fresh water.
[13:50] Cross a suspension bridge at Ojirogawa Gorge and take a short walk to Senga-fuchi (about 10 minutes).
[15:10] Take a short stop at Koma no Matsu, the site of a huge pine tree which is said to have been used as a landmark for those who set out from the foot of the mountain to reach Mount Kai Komagatake.
[15:45] The tour terminates upon arrival at Agrieable MUKAWA and returns your bike.
Visit the two satomiya of Kai Komagatake on your e-bike with learning its 200 year old history of mountain climbing for worship. Take a walk along a beautiful mountain stream in the Oshirakawa Valley, one of Japan's top 100 water sources.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Meeting point： Agreeble Mukawa [MAP]
3567-212 Mukawa-cho Yamataka, Hokuto-city, Yamanashi Pref. 408-0306
- Access： By train: 20 minutes by taxi from Hinoharu Station on the JR Chuo Main Line /
By car: 20 minutes from Sutama Inter-Change on the Chuo Expressway (free parking)
- Minimum number of participants：2 people
- Language support： Japanese
- Included： e-bike rental fee (including a helmet rental), guide fee, insurance, and lunch.
- Items to bring： Backpack, gloves and sunglasses (if necessary)
- Participation requirements：
・Must be over 140cm tall, healthy and able to ride a bicycle.
・Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
・Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Special support： Luggage storage is available.
- Free WI-FI： Yes
- Toilet： Yes (Western-style)
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
・Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
・Contactless ticket redemption
6 days before the tour date: 0% of the tour price
5 days before the tour date to on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.