Breakfast on the Shores of Lake Chuzenji at the British Embassy Villa
- Duration: 150 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Nikko, Tochigi
- Product code: EN-TCG-7256-72562
Relaxing at the former British Embassy Villa on the shores of Lake Chuzenji in Nikko National Park. Breakfast is included in the program.
- An exclusive usage for one group per day at the British Embassy’s Villa built by Ernest Satow, a British diplomat who influenced the Meiji Restoration (1868) and set the scene for the development of Nikko as a summer resort for foreigners.
- Relive the same spectacular view of Oku-Nikko, which was praised by Isabella Bird, a travel writer of the British Empire in the 19th century and the author of "Unbeaten Tracks in Japan".
- Enjoy the ultimate relaxation in tranquillity, with only natural sounds such as from the waves of the lake, the wind, and the chirping of birds.
- Experience the nature of Oku-Nikko with no tourists in the early morning.
- A yoga experience by Lake Chuzenji and a craft-making experience at the British Embassy Villa is available. (Additional fees apply)
[06:45] Meet a guide at Utagahama Dai-ichi Parking
Learn about the history and natural values of Oku-Nikko while looking at Mt. Ototai and Lake Chuzenji.
[07:00] Upon arrival at the villa, take a briefing on the history of the embassy with a look at the documents related to Ernest Satow.
[07:20] Breakfast with scones, etc. (American style) arranged by the British Embassy
[07:50] Free at leisure at the building or stroll around the lakeshore.
※A yoga experience (about 40 minutes), and a craft-making experience (Nikko-bori carving, 60 mins) at the British Embassy Villa is available for an additional charge.
[09:00] Departure from the British Embassy Villa
[09:10] The tour terminates on arrival at the Utagahama Dai-ichi Parking.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：About 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Meeting point：Utagahama Dai-ichi Parking [MAP]
Chugushi, Nikko, Tochigi 321-1661
【From Kiyotaki IC at Nikko-Utsunomiya Road】25 mins by car via Iroha-zaka
【From Toshogu Shrine/Nikko Kanaya Hotel】25 mins by car
【From Chuzenji Kanaya Hotel】5 mins by car
- Minimum number of participants：2 peaple
- Language support：Japanese, English
- Included：Admission of the British Embassy Villa, breakfast and a guide fee
- Excluded：Travel expense to/from Utagahama Dai-ichi Parking
- Items to bring：Food fee(¥350-¥1,300ish), Souvenir fee
- Clothes：Comfortable shoes, clothes
- Participation requirements：You like walking.
- Free Wi-Fi：No
- Toilet：Yes (Western-style)
- Other things to note：
・This program is operated only between mid-March and late November.
・The program is after check-out at Kanaya Hotel but the cost for the overnight stay is excluded.
・Those who are not staying at Kanaya Hotel can join the program.
・Please choose the option you wish to take a yoga experience or a handicraft experience .
・The program may be canceled in the event of adverse weather, icy roads, etc, which restricts access to the Villa. In the event of a cancellation, we will contact you by phone at least one day in advance.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regular temperature checks for staff
【CANCELLATION POLICY】7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.