Environmentally Conscious Island Hopping Boat Tour of Amami Village
- Duration: 11 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Amami, Kagoshima
- Product code: EN-KGS-7249-72491
Think about how to contribute to social and environmental issues with visits to neighborhoods on Amami Island via sea.
- Visit neighborhoods on the island on the sea by boat.
- Experience beach cleaning, and keep social contribution activities with environmental issues in mind.
- Learn about the history and culture of the village through your local guide.
- Enjoy traditional island cuisine for lunch and seafood for dinner.
[08:50] Meeting at 2waters
[09:00] Clean up the beach at Akakina Coast with the local clean-up team Mijora Seiso-tai. The recent problem in the area is not only marine debris such as plastic bottles but also huge amounts of pumice drifting ashore due to underwater volcanic eruptions.
[12:00] Lunch break at Magun Square (Restaurant). Enjoy the local cuisine.
[13:30] Visit neighborhoods on the island via sea
[18:00] Enjoy a meal with local ingredients at 2waters
Sightseeing within Amami Island has been mainly by land. Therefore, by traveling within the island via the sea and visiting neighborhoods, this tour enables you to learn about the unique history and culture of each village while enjoying the beautiful sea of Amami Oshima.
Clean the beach with the local clean-up crew in the morning and you will be able to contribute to the community while interacting with the villagers.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：11 hours
- Meeting point：２waters [MAP]
986-1 Kanesaki, Sotogane-ku, Kasari-cho, Amami City, Kagoshima, 894-0513
◎Access to Amami Airport
・Flight from: Tokyo Haneda, Tokyo Narita, Osaka Kansai, Kagoshima and Okinawa Naha Airport
◎Access from Amami Airport to 2waters
・Approx. 15 min by car
- Minimum number of participants：6 people
- Language support： Japanese
- Included：Lunch, Diner
- Clothes：Sneakers or other shoes that are easy to walk in and slip-resistant
- Participation requirements：
・Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
・Not recommended for pregnant travelers.
・Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
・Vaccine Passport or other documents (the original or a copy). ・Parental consent/agreement form is required for those under 18 years of age.
- Special support： Luggage storage is available.
- Free WI-FI： Yes
- Toilet： Yes (Western-style)
- Other things to note：As this plan is subject to the tides and weather conditions, we may adjust the date of the tour according to your request.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.