World Natural Heritage Tokunoshima Walking Museum in Amagi Town
- Duration: 11 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Oshima-gun, Kagoshima Pref
- Product code: EN-KGS-7249-72493
Discover the beauty of Tokunoshima from the everyday life of the Island.
- Walk through the heart of the World Natural Heritage Site, and see, feel and learn about the area.
- Discover the beauty of Tokunoshima from the everyday life of the Island.
- Enjoy local cuisine made with local ingredients and handed down from generation to generation.
[09:00] Meet at Chadokoro Agarimata: Listen to the stories of those at Tobe village.
[10:00] Walking at Tobe and Minada Trail: Find the art of nature!
[12:00] Transfer by renting a car
[12:30] Transfer to a shop Mikyo Nukushi and eat lunch while listening to the stories by the chief of Mikyo District
[14:00] Walk on Mikyo District and Mikyo Trail: Walk at the World Heritage Forest and find the art of nature.
[17:00] Transfer and break
[18:00] Dinner with local ingredients at Restaurant "Bistro Nova Costa"
[20:00] The tour finishes
Enjoy walking in the heart of Tokunoshima, a World Natural Heritage Site, discover the beauty of the island that has been woven from the island's nature and lifestyle, and make your experience rich and fruitful with interactions with the locals.
Explore the nature of the island in the daytime and enjoy the local cuisine with the islanders at night.
【Things to note】
- Duration：11 hours
- Meeting point：Chadokoro Agarimata [MAP]
898 Tobe Amagi-cho, Oshima-gun, Kagoshima Pref. 891-7624
◎Access to Tokunoshima Airport
・Flight from: Okino Erabu, Omami and Kagoshima Airport
・Ferry from: Naha Port in Okinawa Main Island and Nase Port in Amami Oshima
◎Access from Tokushima Airport to Agarimata
・Approx. 20 mins by car
- Minimum number of participants：2 people
- Language support：Japanese
- Included：Guide fee, lunch and dinner (drink excluded)
- Clothes：Footwear that will not tire you after long walks, such as trekking shoes.
- Participation requirements：
・Not recommended for travelers with back problems.
・Not recommended for travelers with heart problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Free WI-FI：〇
- Toilet：〇 (Western-style)
【Health and safety measures】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges. "