Experience Delicate Japanese Culture: Japanese Paper & Mizuhiki
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Iida-shi, Nagano
- Product code: EN-NGN-7274-72741
The Tenryu River flows through the Minami Shinshu (Iida) area, and from this abundant water resource, Japanese washi-making (paper-making) developed. Motoyui was made from strong and high-quality Japanese paper to tie up samurai's hair. Each craftsman continues to make Japanese paper and mizuhiki.
- Experience two traditional crafts that connect stories.
- An exclusive guide will take you to each craftsman.
- Send a letter with the washi paper you make.
・Apply for 2 people：55,050yen (tax included) per person
・Apply for 3 people：41,400yen (tax included) per person
・Apply for 4 people：34,550yen (tax included) per person
[08:30] Gather & move
[08:45] Shimokuken Community Center: Observe the raw materials and harvesting at Kozo field
[09:30] ★Japanese Paper-making Experience: After making a postcard, interact with the craftsmen while drinking tea
[10:50] ★Mizuhiki Experience: After observing the craftsman's demonstration, make one yourself
[12:30] Goheimochi lunch at Imamiya Hanpei
[13:45] Move & finish
After seeing the kozo tree, which is used to make Japanese paper, experience making Japanese paper. Make your own original postcard. * Contents may change depending on the season
After the Japanese paper-making experience, you will make mizuhiki.
Please also pay attention to the story of Japanese paper and mizuhiki.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Duration：5 hours 15 minutes
- Minimum number of participants：2 people
- Meeting point：JR Iida Station [MAP]
5356 Kami-Iida, Iida-shi, Nagano, 339-2566
- Access：About 3 hours by bus from Nagoya Station
- Tour conductor for 24 hours：No (local guide)
- Accompanying National Government Licensed Guide Interpreter or Local Licensed Guide Interpreter：No
- Meals (included in a tour fee)：Yes（Lunch：1）
- Language support：Japanese, English
・Local transportation fee
- Participation requirements：Please inform us of any allergies or religious special needs at the time of booking.
- Special support：Luggage can be left in the car.
- Toilet：Yes (Western-style)
- Other things to note：
In case of typhoon or heavy rain, the tour cannot be operated. (Operates in light rain)
We will contact you by phone by the day before the experience.
【TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS】
Before booking the tour, please confirm the Tour Terms & Conditions and save the document.
Check [TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS]（Japanese）
【TOUR PLANNER AND CONDUCTOR】
Regional Branding Institute Co., Ltd.
Aqua Terrace UⅡ Bldg., 8F, 2-20-3 Kaminarimon, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 111-0034
Travel Agency registered with a Tokyo Governor 2-7547
A regular member of All Nippon Travel Agents Association
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Face masks provided for travelers as needed
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
・Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
10 to 8 days before the departure date of the tour 20%
7 to 2 days before the departure date of the tour 30%
The day before the departure date of the tour 40%
On the day of the departure date of the tour 50%
After the tour departed, No show 100%