Nationally Treasured Technique - Kinsai Pottery Studio Tour
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Komatsu-shi, Ishikawa
- Product code: EN-ISK-7291-72911
Visit the studio and experience gold painting at a pottery shop specializing in Kutani ware overglaze painting in Takado-cho, Komatsu City, Ishikawa Prefecture. Since the first Shosaku Yoshida opened a business here in 1906 (Meiji 39), he has been making pottery without turning off the fire for about 110 years. Kutani ware, which developed as an official kiln for the Kaga clan in the 17th century, is characterized by delicate and gorgeous paintings such as overglaze paintings that make full use of five colors and gold brocade. In the Meiji era, it was called "Japan Kutani" and was widely exported overseas, and its craftsmanship and beauty have been highly evaluated all over the world.
- Experience the technique of Mito III, who has improved the technique of "Yuri Kinsai" and is a holder of a nationally designated important intangible cultural property.
- Enter the original gallery "Dandan", which is harmonized with gold.
- While drinking tea, experience using gold leaf.
[13:00] Meet at Kinzan Kiln, workshop tour
Mr. Kada will guide you through the workshop for you to see what the work and environment of the craftsmen look like.
[13:30] Move to Gallery "Dandan"
Workshop for gold leafing (workshop to stick gold on a fixed shape item)
[14:10] After pasting, interact with Mr. Tadashi while drinking tea
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：1 hour 30 minutes
- Meeting point：Kinzangama Kiln [MAP]
To-18, Takado-machi, Komatsu-shi, Ishikawa, 923-0031
- Access：About 15 minutes by taxi from Komatsu Station
- Language support：Japanese, English
・Postage for finished product
- Clothes：Clothes that can get dirty
- Participation requirements：Infants are required to sit on laps.
- Free WI-FI：No
- Toilet：Yes (Western-style)
- Other things to note：Please do not touch the exhibits unnecessarily.
【HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES】
・Face masks required for travelers in public areas
・Face masks required for guides in public areas
・Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
・Social distancing enforced throughout the experience
・Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
・Gear/equipment sanitized between uses
・Guides required to regularly wash hands
・Regular temperature checks for staff
・Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
・Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.