Explore Asakusa Wearing a Furisode (Formal Kimono)
- Duration: 120 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Taito-ku, Tokyo
- Product code: EN-TKO-1016-10162
"Furisode" (kimono with long sleeves) is attire worn by young women in Japan for formal occasions, and in this plan, you will get the chance to wear one yourself!
This is a perfect plan for those who do not have much experience wearing kimonos, as you will get helpful advice regarding choosing a kimono and hair setting from our English and Chinese-speaking staff. An experienced kimono dresser will dress you in just 15 minutes, and the hairdresser will arrange your hair to go perfectly with the kimono. There is a wide selection of kimonos in stock, from those with the latest designs straight from Kyoto, known as a famous kimono producing area, to those with more traditional designs. Kimono accessories such as sandals, pouches, and more are ready for you to use as well. The staff will take your photos at the photo booth in the shop. Then, leave your luggage at the shop and travel light in Asakusa!
- The dressing process takes only 15 minutes!
- A Japanese hairstyle to go with your kimono is available upon request.
- Have your photos taken in the in-house photo booth.
- Get the chance to wear kimonos with the latest designs purchased directly from an established kimono shop in Kyoto.
- This shop is used by fashion models and celebrities.
Visit the shop→Leave your luggage→Dressing/hair setting→Photography/walking in Asakusa→Dressing at the shop/return the kimono
Enjoy strolling through Asakusa in a gorgeous furisode. This plan is beginner-friendly, as the professional dresser will give you advice on how to choose the best kimono for you and dress you in just 10 minutes! You will be able to enjoy Asakusa in an elegant kimono that fits perfectly on your body and have your hair set to go with the kimono as well. There are also a variety of kimono accessories, such as sandals, pouches and more, that you are free to use! The kimonos are available in different sizes, but if you are taller than 170 cm (5' 7"), you may feel that the sleeves are a little short. There are furisode for men and children, so the whole family can take part. The staff will take your photos in the in-house photo booth. A professional photographer may be arranged for an additional fee. There is support provided is in English and Chinese. You may leave your luggage and belongings in the shop and travel light in Asakusa and/or ride the rickshaw in your kimono. You can rent a kimono until 18:00.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：120 minutes
- Meeting point：HANAKA
Room 602, Corpo Hanakawado, 1-2-8, Hanakawado, Taito-ku, Tokyo
- Access：A 1-minute walk from Asakusa Station on
1. Ginza Line - Go out Exit 5 and turn right. Turn to the right at the first corner.
2. Toei Asakusa Line - Go out Exit A5 and turn left. Cross the road at the traffic signal and continue to the left. Passing by Yamazaki Daily Store (convenience store) and turn right at the first corner.
3. Tobu Skytree Line - Go out Central Exit and turn left. Cross the road at the traffic signal and turn left. Turn to the right at the first corner.
Take the elevator to the 6th floor.
- Language support：English, Chinese
- Included：Kimono, bag, sandals, hair setting, hair ornaments
- Participation requirement：For women only
- Free Wi-Fi：〇
- Toilet (Western-style)：〇
- Other s\things to note：
・Kimonos are available in different sizes, up to 180 cm (5' 11") in height and 120 cm (3' 11") in hip measurement.
・For a group of six or more persons, please contact us in advance.
・Last admission: 16:30
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.