【OKOSTA】Hiroshima No.1 food!! Okonomiyaki-cooking experience./広島を代表するグルメお好み焼き作り体験！
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Hiroshima, Hiroshima
- Product code: EN-HSM-4012-40121
Let’s indulge in Hiroshima food culture and cook your own Okonomiyaki. In this program, you will be introduced to the authentic Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki, the culinary specialties of Hiroshima and the ultimate staple of Japanese cuisine. The staff from the Otafuku Sauce Co. will teach you some tips to cook the Okonomiyaki. You would be able to learn the deep relations between the Hiroshima's recovery from the post-war and the Okonomiyaki.
- In this program, tourists would gain a deeper insight into Hiroshima’s cultural heritage and master the technique of Japanese cuisine on a teppan (griddle).
- Experience the unique Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki which the number of Okonomiyaki stores per capita in Japan is No.1.
- An especial plan developed by a worldwide manufacturer of savory Japanese condiments, Otafuku Sauce Co., offers a trip to taste the various sauces for the taste buds
- Traditional dishes sit alongside well-executed set menus, with favorites including seasonal desserts, culinary oysters, and three drinks you like(including the craft beer only for this plan!).
- Complimentary gifts include stylized bandanas and aprons that image the Japanese samurai.
- Direct connection to Shinkansen lines / 2 minute walk from Hiroshima station
13：00～ Starting experience in OKOSTA
14：30～ Free time (you can enjoy shopping and a sauce bar !)
Experience the essence of Japan with a gourmet food tour and immerse yourself in making your own Okonomiyaki, described as the Japanese ‘soul food’ and the culinary specialties of Hiroshima. Hiroshima is home to 1,600 Okonomiyaki shops and is known as the prime okonomiyaki city in Japan. In this program, you will learn the basics of cooking the Okonomiyaki unique to Hiroshima, putting ingredients such as cabbage, tempura crisps, green onions, bean sprouts, porks, noodles and an egg in a layer on the teppan without mixing, topped with sauces and condiments. The sweetness of the cabbage perfectly matches the taste and the noodles would make you full just with a piece of Okonomiyaki.
After cooking the Okonomiyaki, enjoy it with the sauce made by the Otafuku Sauce Co., a worldwide manufacturer of savory Japanese condiments. You would be able to try 8 types of sauces at the showroom.
You can choose the topping of Okonomiyaki from four flavors and you can enjoy oysters, desserts, and three drinks you like (including the craft beer only for this plan!) while eating the Okonomiyaki. Veggie-full Okonomiyaki is the best healthy food for women! In addition, it is friendly for Muslim and Vegetarian visitors.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：90 minutes
- Meeting point：OKOSTA
1-2, Matsubaracho, Minami-ku, Hiroshima-City, Hiroshima, 732-0822, Japan
Directly connected to Hiroshima station of Shinkansen · 2 minutes on foot
・About 10 minutes walk from Shakkeien
・About 15 minutes walk from Hiroshima Castle
- Language support： Japanese, English
- Included： Okonomiyaki making the experience, seasonal desserts, culinary oysters, two drinks you like(including the craft beer only for this plan!), Stylized bandanas and aprons that image the Japanese samurai
- Participation requirements： 6 years of age and over
Under 10 years old must be accompanied by an adult (1 adult per 1 child)
- Free Wi-Fi：〇
- Toilet：〇(Western-style) 2 minutes from the OKOSTA, in the "ekie" shopping center
- Other things to note：
Due to event etc., the date and time of holding may differ or may not be implemented.
The schedules might be canceled because of the weather, disasters and any other reasons.
~The historical background about Hiroshima and the Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki ~
Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki was born after the atomic bomb when Hiroshima was a burnt field. It was cooked with a little bit of flour which was aided by abroad and cabbage and bean sprouts which was very cheap. Okonomiyaki was a food that was born while people were recovering from the post-war.
・Since Hiroshima was popular for the steel industry, general people were also able to easily get the griddle. This made it easy for the Okonomiyaki to gain its popularity in Hiroshima.
・Some women opened Okonomiyaki stores after they lost their husbands to the post-war, and they assisted the Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki to become popular.
【NEARBY AREA INTRODUCTION】
Blessed with beautiful scenery and the grandeur of its natural landscapes, take a guided tour around Hiroshima City, home to the A-Bomb Dome and Itsukushima Shrine; the two world heritage sites, and overlook the gentle waves approaching the neighboring islands in the distance.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 30% of the tour price
3 to 1 day before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day of the tour date 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.