2-Hour Peace Walking Tour of Hiroshima with Local Guide
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hiroshima, Hiroshima
- Product code: EN-HSM-4042-40424
A local guide will take you on a tour to heritage sites all around Hiroshima that survived the atomic bombing, as well as other peace-related locations.
- Your guide will take you to all the must-see spots of Hiroshima, such as the best of view of the Atomic Bomb Dome's "true form" and other hidden places that you wouldn't want to miss.
- As you take in the view of Hiroshima City from the Hiroshima Orizuru Tower, your guide will tell you about Hiroshima's history and its residents' feelings towards peace.
- By actually walking around the streets of Hiroshima, you will learn about things that the Peace Memorial Museum alone cannot teach you.
- Let our Hiroshima guide help you to experience the stories of Hiroshima and the thoughts of its people.
- While you stroll around Hiroshima, the city that rose from ashes, you will surely be taken aback by the sight of its revival.
Meet → Atomic Bomb Dome → Tour of Peace Memorial Park and Hiroshima City → HIROSHIMA ORIZURU TOWER → Tour ends in Peace Memorial Park vicinity
This walking tour details the history of Hiroshima before, during, and after WWII.
[Prayer for Peace / Guide to the Atomic Bomb Dome and Peace Memorial Park]
You will be shown around the world famous Atomic Bomb Dome and Peace Memorial Park. Your guide will take you back to pre-WWII and what Hiroshima was like during the war and when the bomb was dropped. They will help you understand the stories that come with each memorial site in the Park, the thoughts of Hiroshima's people regarding peace, and the history of the Dome and Park areas' before the War.
[A-bombed heritage sites remaining in the city and Hiroshima's revival]
You will leave Peace Memorial Park and head into the city. In the vibrant urban districts rebuilt with passion after the War remain heritage sites that survived the radioactive bombing. Your guide will take you to those sites and walk you through what happened to them and their recovery. If you see a shop that interests you en route, feel free to go in and take a look.
Places you will visit: Former Bank of Japan Hiroshima Branch, Fukuromachi Elementary School
[Looking to the future / Hiroshima Orizuru Tower]
Climb up to the Orizuru Tower observatory floor, where you can look out over Hiroshima from a special space and overlook the current city as you reflect on peace and the future. Your guide will explain the various exhibits in the Tower, too.
Then with a prayer, fold a paper crane (orizuru), which is the symbol of peace, and drop it into the Orizuru Wall built inside the Tower.
【Things to note】
- Time： 2 hours per person
- Meeting Place: Rest House of Hiroshima Peace Park
1-1 Nakajimacho, Naka Ward, Hiroshima 730-0811
- Access：3-minute walk from Hiroshima Station on the Hiroshima Electric Railway, Atomic Bomb Dome Station, or Hondori Station.
- Language support：Japanese, English
- Included ：Guide fee, HIROSHIMA ORIZURU TOWER entrance fee
- Things to bring：Passport
- Free Wi-Fi ：×
- Other things to note ：Please be sure to have your passport with you.
【Cancellation policy】7 to 4 days before the tour date: 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date: 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour: 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.