Crimson Moment over the Northern Sea! A Rickshaw Tour Visiting the Sunset of Hakodate
- Varaktighet: 30 Minuter (cirka)
- Plats: Hakodate, Hokkaido
- Produktkod: EN-HKD-5010-50102
Hakodate is a major city of Hokkaido that is open to the world. You will tour around the townscape aglow with the setting sun by rickshaw. You can comfortably enjoy the romantic moment without being bothered with heavy baggage and congestion. After getting off the rickshaw at Mt. Hakodate Ropeway, how about overlooking the gorgeous night view from the top of Mt. Hakodate? (Ropeway fare is optional or paid separately) This special tour offers a luxurious time to you.
- A tour visiting romantic Hakodate aglow with sunset by rickshaw, a traditional Japanese vehicle
- Fully prepared for bad weather. A comfortable rickshaw releases your stress of walking through a crowd with baggage
- Rickshaw driver, who knows information not listed on the guidebooks and backstreets, will show you to the hottest fun spot
- Let the driver take souvenir photos with the exotic rickshaw at beautiful spots(please bring your camera)
- The only tour you can enjoy the superb sunset of Hakodate by rickshaw
【SCHEDULE】Kanemori Red Brick Warehouse→Mt. Hakodate Ropeway Sanroku Station
Hakodate is a major city of Hokkaido, located in the far north of Japan. It is a charming city where cultural heritages and modern liveliness are integrated together. You are introduced to a luxurious tour visiting Hakodate's evening view spots by rickshaw. Rickshaw is a two-wheel vehicle designed to carry people and is pulled by a rickshaw driver. It is faster than walking and can run on the roadway more safely than a bicycle, even when the passenger has baggage. So they are operated in many places in Japan since the 19th century.
The rickshaw driver taking care of you on this tour knows all the tourist attractions and backstreets. He is an expert who offers a kind and careful tour. The rickshaw is capable of stable traveling without letting the passengers get wet even on a rainy or snowy day. What is more, a passenger using a wheelchair or having a stroller can enjoy the ride comfortably. (Please consult us when you book the tour.)
The tour starts at Kanemori Red Brick Warehouse and travels around the Preservation Districts for Groups of Historic Buildings in Hakodate. The port town flourished from the 19th to the beginning of the 20th century still reserves a townscape representing a fusion of eastern and western cultures. At the moment when the sun sets below the horizon, the whole port town is illuminated red by the sun. You will witness a time of wonders created by nature. If you are lucky, you may encounter unexpected events or views on the day.
The tour ends at Mt Hakodate Ropeway.
【THINGS TO NOTE】
- Time：30 minutes
- Meeting point：Kanemori Red Brick Warehouse
14-12, Suehiro-cho, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaido040-0053
・A 25-minute ride by taxi from Hakodate Airport
・A 15-minute walk from JR Hakodate Station
・Take Hakodate City Tram from the entrance of JR Hakodate Station, either Route 2 for Yachigashira or Route 5 for Hakodate-Dock-mae, and alight at Jujigai stop.Walk for 5 minutes.
- Language support：English, Japanese
- Included：Rickshaw fare and accompanying services
- Excluded：Mt. Hakodate Ropeway fare, transportation not included in the itinerary, and personal expenses
- Participation requirements：An infant aged 5 and younger can join the tour free of charge.
- Free Wi-Fi：×
- Other things to note：
・The starting time may be changed according to the time of sunset. In that case, you will be notified of the exact starting time beforehand. (Roughly, it is 30 minutes before sunset)
・When you book the tour, please refer to the sunset time in the following link, and choose the time to take a rickshaw.
・Up to 2 adults can take one rickshaw.
・If there is no safety problem, up to 1 preschooler can sit on the laps of an adult on the same rickshaw.
・If there are 2 and more preschoolers, the number of rickshaws and the fare may be changed.
・You can take rickshaw comfortably even on a rainy or snowy day.But in case of the heavy snow, the tour may be canceled.In that case, you will be notified of the cancellation over the phone at least 3 hours before the tour and get a refund.
7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
※Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
※The cancellation fee includes handling charges.